AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Wow! Works like a charme!!

The only thing I would change is the color of the bold text in the tooltipps. I dont know why but, you use #777 as color. I think the contrast between the background and the color of the bold text is not really good.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here is your CSS part:

.description strong, .notes strong {
    color: #777;
    font-weight: 700;
}

I would use #fff for bold text too so it would be better readable.

Congratulations to this awesome module!

• Like 3

Thanks!

Actually it's not the module's CSS but the base (Reno) theme. My module only overwrites values, though I tried to fix this but with only partial success (on load the initial CSS styling was still visible). Now I corrected this text color issue (no version change).

• Like 3

Hello tpr,

I am so sorry, but I found another z-index issue at the image field.

Screenshot_11.jpg

As you can see the image upload field overlap the static bar at the top. I have only discovered that with the image upload field. It seems that the static part should have a much higher z-index.

Best regards

3 hours ago, Juergen said:

As you can see the image upload field overlap the static bar at the top.

I see but can't reproduce. Could you send a screenshot of your module settings and share your PW version and browser info?
There's a slight chance that I modified the CSS in the meantime and that's why it's not happening here.

A new version is uploaded (v029), which contains a tweak to make the module list page more compact by removing section titles and keeping only the first table header.

aos_compactModuleList.png

• Like 1

Hello tpr,

I use the latest Version (3.24) and I found out that this only happens if you have a special image grid setting. It is the last one which shows the inputfield for the title. If you switch to the grid views without the input field it works correctly.

Maybe this could help you to reproduce the behaviour. If not please let me know. 

• Like 1

Just added a few CSS tweaks to the compact module list feature and it got really compact :)

Since clicking on the module names loads the module settings page I added a small icon next to them, and hided the Settings button. It may take some time get familiar with this but I think it makes sense.

Install and delete buttons are placed to the far right, so rows usually fit in one row now (depending on screen resolution and module descriptions). The delete button also got a reddish background color.

Edit: module main icons are moved to the right within their cells, so module names align nicely to the left, making them more readable (otherwise modules with no icons caused "ragged" column)

aos_compact-modules-1.png

Edited by tpr
new screenshot
  • Like 5

Just thought I'd mention some things I have noticed. Sorry TPR!

Using ProDrafts cuts off the top title.

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 9.59.38 pm.png

The sticky header, or button has no padding to the right and is right up against the page if not set to the left of the title.

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 10.01.17 pm.png 

The compact list and fake css loader though have been very nice additions.  Keep them coming! 

Thanks! I can add margin to the right but unfortunately I haven't got ProDrafts to fix the overlap issue. As I see there's an extra element under the breadcrumb that pushes things down, so here a major fix would be needed.

I thought that would be the case, but that's ok.  Also just noticed this one also:

Repeater(repeater matrix field) field cuts some of the notes/info icon.

(This only happens if the repeater field is closed first.  Not sure if this has something to do with the 3.x to remember open closed repeaters.)

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 10.40.23 pm.png

Thanks tpr.

Edited by grimezy
More info added.
  • Like 1

Nice we now moved from a plain module list (PW2.1) to sections for sake of overview, now you make it flat again with this module :) 

I think while it's nice to have all these steroids, it's something I'm trying to keep away from doing too much admin tweaking. Some of these should be considered in core and not via such an module. It's prone to errors and confusions once core admin changes stuff around. Not trying to drag you down. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

I want to add my 2 cents too. :)

@Soma: yes it maybe error prone, and yes some of these steroids should belong into the core.

In the past we have had some small modules that tweeked a single thing in the admin, fe add more button functionality for pages directly in the page tree overview, your "page is edited reminder" to avoid accidentaly leaving a page without saving, and others.

Over the time, many of this was included into the core. And I believe not all would have benn incorporated without becoming a module first.

So, besides all the good steroids stuff here, there are two things I additionally like on AdminOnSteroids:  1) that it collects many usefull parts into a single collection, avoiding to deal with 10+ small modules, and 2) to have the ability to see (and early use) what all can be possible. Ah, there are more: 3) for Ryan it can be a good way to just try out things, and, hopefully incorporate some into the core than. 4) I can decide for every single feature to en- or disable it. I even can install AOS and have the unchanged default admin theme.

So, if there is an error (CSS/JS) I simply can disable a feature or the complete module.

• Like 7

I haven't had the chance to know PW 2.1 so bear with me :)

Well I don't care if something should belong to the core or not. If I need a feature that I can solve relatively easily with CSS/JS to simplify my admin life, I'll do it. If it makes itself into the core I'll happily remove from the module. But it's unlikely that these feature will be part of PW within months or even years, and I need them now. Even the admin themes don't change too rapidly so I have time to fix the errors.

Apart from these it's fun to play with this :)

@grimezy download the latest from GitHub, the button and matrix repeater issues should be fixed. The latter was present in simple repeaters too and that was already covered.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, horst said:

So, if there is an error (CSS/JS) I simply can disable a feature or the complete module.

Have you encountered any JS errors with AOS?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tpr said:

Have you encountered any JS errors with AOS?

No, there are no errors! It was just a thought / explanation that, even if someday there would be one, I simply can disable it. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, v034 should fix this. The default admin theme is a bit of a stepbrother because I don't use it so such bugs may come up more frequently there.

I also got rid of a z-index renumbering issue coming from sass but this doesn't mean there will be no more z-index issues :) 

There are some other CSS fixes regarding the layout for the default theme, hopefully I haven't broke anyting. The loader animation should be vertically centered too.

• Like 3

hi @tpr (ok now the @ is working...)

did you implement my filesort? it does show up on the checkbox but does not seem to have any effect?

2016-07-21 18_02_03-Modules • ProcessWire • mustangs2016.dev.png

2016-07-21 18_01_44-Edit Page_ Testnews • mustangs2016.dev.png

edit: also the textarea autosize does not work on ckeditor fields. is that intended? neither on default nor on reno theme.

edit2: it's impossible to click on links in field descriptions!2016-07-21 18_14_09-Edit Template_ blogitem • mustangs2016.dev.png

edit 3: i have this weird bug on hover buttons

hover.gif

No, filesort is not implemented.

Autosize never worked on ckeditor, use the autogrow plugin for that, cke is a different beast :)

Double click on description icon to freeze the tooltip, then you can copy text or click on a link.

I believe the button hover issue was always there, even before AOS. I tried to solve it but haven't succeed.

• Like 2