AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Hey @tpr - you have been busy while I have been away :) I haven't played with it yet, but it looks awesome - do you feel like another feature request?

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13041-pw-3015-new-quick-tree-debug-view-panels-and-more/?p=118514

Not sure how easy this would be to do in your module, but thought I'd throw it out there!

I hope Ryan plans to add such features to the panels you requested. I guess some features could be implemented easily, like auto width, position next to content, etc. I'll see.

• Like 2

Just uploaded v019 with the collapsable asmSelect fields update. The screenshot in the previous post was updated because there's always an icon in the beginning of the row to make the hierarchy easier to see (there was only a "+" icon beforehands). Double-clicking on the ending item also collapses the section.

The update does not contain the ctrl+s CKEditor feature, I need to think it through how to organize.

• Like 2

hey tpr,

one thing that i find annoying some times is that multi-column-fields are stacked on mobile but also set to have the same height. on desktop that makes sense so that it is a proper grid, but on mobile the fields are stacked to 1 column and therefore it would be great if every field had only the height itself needs.

but maybe that should be more a fix of the core than an "enhancement" via your module. what do you think?

I think the admin is meant to be used on desktop but I'll see if there's an easy fix to this, maybe setting height: auto or similar is enough. Could you show an example scenario where this happens? (what field to add with what settings)

Edit: try adding this to AdminOnSteroids.css and see if it helps:

.maxColHeightSpacer {
    display: none;
}
  • Like 1

Seems OK to me - google shows that this was already on the table in PW forums:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10802-issues-with-javascript-setheight-function-in-pw-admin/

AOS v02 is just uploaded, with some AsmTweaks fixes and a feature to move the delete button to the left on Asm fields. I use a wide screen monitor and this bugged me a lot :)

• Like 1

Thanks! Glad to hear that. I also use it on my sites and it speeds up navigation and feels better, but of course that can be because it's tailored to my likings.

What submodules are you using?

I've also thought about adding edit links to fields/templates like HelperFieldLinks do, but without the info popup.

v021 is uploaded to GitHub:

• sticky admin tabs when compact sticky header is enabled
  • stickyCKEditorToolbar fix for multilanguage fields
  • module submitted to modules directory
  • CSS fixes

The tabs are sticked to the header so when the site is scrolled down they are still visible, no need to scroll up.

aos-stickytabs.png

• Like 2

Another commit today containing the new Hotkeys submodule. This enables saving page on ctrl+s, even from within CKEditor. What's more, it works on various page types, eg. when editing templates, fields, roles, etc. As there was no general rule I could apply to save pages, I had to manually add the enabled ones, so if you find a page type which doesn't work but should, please report.

If enabled, the submodule will disable the default browser Save dialog on all admin pages. I think that dialog has no function in the admin but correct me if I'm wrong.

On save there's a white overlay with a fancy css3 animated floppy icon, to  indicate something's happening:

aos-save.gif

• Like 7

Updated to v025, here are the latest changes:

0.2.5 (2016-06-28)

• new RenoTweak: miniScrollbar for main content and sidebar (using perfect-scrollbar.js)
  • added Language Translator page to the supported hotkey save pages

0.2.4 (2016-06-26)

• remove ctrl+click feature to activate all language tabs of the same language (core feature from ProcessWire 3.023)
  • FireFox fix for clearing filterbox

miniScrollbar in action:

aos-customScrollbar.gif

• Like 5

@bernhard Just noticed that before you wrote, glad it's fixed.

AOS v026 is uploaded with two tiny update: allow ctrl+s on the first step of Add new page + adding sequential tabindices to inputs (textareas, selects). The latter solves the issue that often TABbing doesn't jump to the next input because there are other inputs in between. This solution isn't perfect but it's very simple, and it would do in most cases. Also works with ajax-loaded fields/tabs.

• Like 1

Great module tpr. Some really great features.

I just had an idea and wasn't sure if a module or feature request existed already? or wether it should belong here or in the core?

I like the minimalistic and ease of use by Processwire and mods your module offers and was thinking would be great to have an option to hide all notes for all fields, or the option to have these converted to an icon near the field title (such as a question mark icon), for fields which have them, and on hover to then show any notes set to the field. 

I think this would save a lot of screen real estate as users who are more frequent with the use of the CMS, tend to not require to see the notes after a while.

Not sure how hard this would be though? :)

Anyway, thanks for the great module!

• Like 1

I only occassionally use description and notes but I agree that it could save some space.

@bernhard I saw that topic earlier, thanks. At first I'll see if I can do it CSS only, that would be more lightweight and unobtrusive. Here is a quick demo of the first mockup (written in dev tools):

aos-css-tooltip.gif

Update: the double coffee worked :)

aos-css-tooltip-1.gif

aos-css-tooltip-2.gif

• Like 5

Just added two screencaps to the post above. On the last one the tooltip occupies the whole field area, I'm curious what do you think about that. It's better in dev POV because there are no z-index issues (in some cases the tooltip got cut by other elements). Or the tooltip could go to the right of the icon, with its arrow pointing leftwards.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grimezy said:

Wow. What kind of coffee you drinking?!

corporate :)

Here is the basic tooltip-version that have notes and description fields. On double-click the tooltip stays visible, to enable copying text. There is a hack to tackle IE and if the content has html, that's also covered.

aos-css-tooltip-3.gif

• Like 5

v027 is up with the Tooltips submodule. The CSS got a bit complicated but hopefully everything will be fine forever so I don't have to dive into it again :)

You can switch whether to use it for field descriptions and/or notes, and whether to use the "overlay" style.

• Like 6