AdminOnSteroids

tpr

That's something I've already thought of but the way I tried to make it work failed and there were other things to do :) I'm not sure this module is the best place to make admin theme corrections, but for a temporary solution it could do.

• Like 1

very cool tpr!

feature request: an option to show the save options instantly on button hover. i find it really annoying to have to click on this little chevron to show the popup and then have to click again on the right option. i'm still missing the very quick "save+new" and "save+close" from joomla  :-X

offtopic: also thanks for the hint to netteforms - my project needs more time than i thought but it is getting more and more awesome :)

post-2137-0-51778500-1464300856_thumb.pn

Movie time!

These are two tweaks: always visible sidebar items and fixed header/sidebar. There are still some details to polish but seems useful.

post-3156-0-91689400-1464336862_thumb.gi

• Like 4

feature request: an option to show the save options instantly on button hover.

I would prefer these extra buttons always visible. Waiting for the hover will cause frustration sooner or later :) Perhaps adding them below the main button? 

• Like 1

what i've also came across several times is when on mobile and you have a pagetable and you want to scroll down, if you tap on a pagetable item it will trigger the pagetable sort. it would be great to disable table sorting on mobile. or show just a sort symbol and allow sorting only on this icon.

:)

I would prefer these extra buttons always visible. Waiting for the hover will cause frustration sooner or later :) Perhaps adding them below the main button? 

in this case i would prefer them to be rendered beside in one row (inline)

v003 is uploaded with some "before-the-weekend" Reno theme updates:

• Make header sticky: stick the header to the top of the browser window so it stays in place when scrolling down
  • Make sidebar sticky: stick the sidebar to the top to make it always visible
  • Auto hide sidebar on left: auto hide the sidebar so it's accessible by moving the mouse to the left side of the screen
  • Always show sidebar items (disable accordion): make sidebar submenus more compact and do not hide them
  • Place header button next to the main title: moves the top (cloned) main button next to the title to make it easier to reach
  • Move notice close buttons to the left: put the close button of the notice message to the left for easier access
  • Like 3

don't know how your module is organized (deadline coming), but throwing in an idea:

maybe we could have a "custom" folder, where we can put in our own code snippets and your module will make them visible for toggling on/off. 

for example:

/custom/makeButtonsBigger.js would result in some custom code that makes admin buttons bigger and a checkbox in your module. that way we could build our own repository of admin tweaks, put them on github or the like and on every new pw-install we would just have to do a git clone and tick some checkboxes.

what do you think?

this is quite similar to admincustomfiles but i never found it really easy to use so i don't really use it a lot. maybe we could have some kind of syntax in thos files to restrict it to a selector and show some better descriptions in your module/panel

/* custom admin tweak example
 * #summary
 * this is a great summary
 * with lots of content
 * #pageselector
 * id>10
 * #editedpageselector
 * template=example
 */

$(document).ready(...);

#editedpageselector would refer to the currently edited page in processpageedit, whereas #pageselector would refer to the current admin page

any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Didn't try the module (great name btw) yet, but how about making header sticky in the default admin theme? after-the-weekend, of course :-)

Check the latest commit (v004). There are other fixes as well for the admin themes, eg. do not apply some changes to modal contents, plus only add body classes to the proper admin themes.

maybe we could have a "custom" folder, where we can put in our own code snippets and your module will make them visible for toggling on/off. 

This would be surely possible but I need some time to fully understand it :) At first I'll concentrate on the "basics".

• Like 1

v006 is up - there are some new Reno theme tweaks plus LoadCollapsedModuleInfos. This auto-collapses module info fields on module configuration pages, saving space. 

• Like 3

v007 is up, with a Reno tweak that removes perhaps the biggest frustration the sidebar causes - the inability to single-click on the header links to navigate.

The module is featured in PW Weekly Nr 107, thanks!

Since the module is under rapid development it's likely that new features will be added before you even get to this post, which is why we won't even try to include a full list of features here.

So true, there's a lot of things awaiting to be fixed :)

• Like 1

v008 is committed to GitHub and it enables showing the Save dropdown menu on hover instead of on click. The only way I found to achieve this is adding a CSS class to the dropwdown which seems to work fine with the exception of Module config pages. Anyway, it covers 99% of the usage scenarios I think.

More agressive modifications were dropped because the markup wasn't generated the way I initially thought and it would be hard to solve.

• Like 1

v009 comes with a small feature update: ctrl+click on a language tab will activate all the language tabs of the same language. This is great for switching the current admin page fields to another language, eg. for checking contents of multiple fields at once.

• Like 2

The latest update (v010) can remove the masthead from the Reno theme. This is available only if sticky header is on. In fact this feature uses another approach for the sticky header because only the main content is scrollable, which perhaps makes it easier to see whether the page is scrolled down or not.

For the Reno theme there is a new setting "AlwaysShowSearch".

Other dropdown buttons are now also supported in the HoverSaveDropdown tweak. Remind me next time not trying to modify a cloned button instance because it won't work :)

There were numerous tweaks made to the admin configuration screen. Nested checkboxes now can't be modified if their parents are not checked, and also some space were saved by playing with field/fieldset options.

post-3156-0-86629700-1464639714_thumb.pn

• Like 4

Hi @tpr,

thanks for making this fine tool for us. Is it for PW 2.7 too, or only for PW 3.x?

I cannot see a "required" property in the getModuleInfo. In the modules header comment it states ProcessWire 3.x, but then I cannnot see a namespace declaration in the file. This all makes me abit unsure, therefor I ask here. Sorry!

• Like 2

It seems that there are too many little thing changed from v3 which prevents certain features to work on PW v2, at least this is the case with 2.6. There are also some features that are missing from v2 that this module tries to modify, e.g long click duration.

I could breathe life into most of the submodules with little changes but I tend to support v3 only. There's a Hungarian saying "who looks backwards goes ass front to the future" and I believe in it :)

There are some unpublished updates to the module, eg fixed CKEditor toolbar and page preview link next to title. And also there are some bugs still awaiting to eliminate so I'll keep it in the shadows for a while :)

post-3156-0-95109300-1464728731_thumb.pn

• Like 2

i think that would be a perfect fit for your module: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13419-delete-a-lot-of-pics-at-once

something like an additional trash icon that, when clicked sets all images to deleted-state:

post-2137-0-66957100-1464812800_thumb.pn

maybe you could also include this one into that update ;)

filesort.gif

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13064-inputfieldfile-image-sorting-autosorting/