Pete Jones

Qatar Horse Racing and Members comments

We're recently completed a sizable project for Qatar Racing (www.qatarracingltd.com). This was a bespoke build pulling in a JSON feed of horses from a 3rd party. This feed was then incorporated into a members area where members could comment and reply on horses, effectively a full messaging app.

Qatar Racing (www.qatarracingltd.com)

• Like 8

Lovely site Pete.

It's very fast loading too. Are you using ProCache or just an optimised VPS etc?

Thanks Peter,

Funnily enough, there is only minimal caching at the moment. We are intending to start caching a lot of the horse data now that the client has finally decided what they want (last minute brief changes)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hellerdruck
      Hi all
      I need to export all the texts from a website to a translation company (as json or csv or txt...). How can this be done? Of course manually, but this website is huge and it would take me years...
      Also, as a second step, importing the translation ...
      Any ideas anyone? Tutorials? Plugins?
      Thanks for your help.
    • By louisstephens
      So I have been hard at work creating url segments for a template (api) and everything is working swimmingly in creating a simple end point for svelte.js. I have however, run into a few questions that I can wrap my head around.
      In my api template I have:
      if($input->urlSegment1 === 'clients') { header('Content-Type: application/json'); $clients = $pages->find("template=clients"); $client_array = array(); foreach ($clients as $client) { $id = $client->id; $title = $client->title; $url = $client->url; $clientName = $client->client_name; $clientColor = $client->client_color->value; $assigned = $client->assigned_to->user_full_name; $client_array[] = array( 'id' => $id, 'code' => $title, 'name' => $clientName, 'associated_users' => $assigned, 'url' => $url ); } $client_json = json_encode($client_array, true); echo $client_json; } The output json from this is:
      [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was curious is it possible to add in "clients" before this output json so it would appear as 
      clients: [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was not really sure of how to tackle this in my php code, and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out. Another question I have is that "associated_users" is returning null, which in this instance is correct. It is a multi page field that is set to pull a custom name field from the users template, ie "Louis Stephens" would be associated with the first page. I understand that I need to use a foreach to get the correct data, but I was really unsure of how to place this inside an array, or update the array with the new data. Any help with any of this would greatly be appreciated.
    • By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By Arunesh Dutta
      Hello all
      I am newbie.Wanted to know does processwire will allow to display external website content and other sources to my website using API powered by processwire
    • By schwarzdesign
      We recently finished a relaunch of  the website of the consulting firm Engfer Consulting: engfer-consulting.de. Built with ProcessWire 3 and Bootstrap 4.
      Features
      Bilingual website (UPDATE: The English page is now available! the English page is inactive at the moment, as the content is not ready yet) A strong, simple data structure for job offers and news, allowing for a custom search page and fulltext search Sectioned content-blocks built with a Repeater Matrix (ProFields) Reusable components available as page reference fields Automatic generation of open graph-tags, with manual overrides available on each page Contact forms with a custom recipient depending on the current page Modules used:
      ProFields ProForms Sitemap Cookie Management Banner Duplicator Tracy Debugger Wire Mail SMTP Admin Links in FrontEnd Technical insights
      Most of the content is built using a Repeater Matrix field. Each section has an optional heading and a select-field for background colors. Some of the sections available include:
      Text blocks (a repeater-field for multi-column text) Feeds / listing of the latest job offers or news (with a field to control the number of entries shown) Displaying a team member or quote (selected through a page reference field) Downloadable files (a multivalue field for file uploads) Those sections can be combined and stringed together arbitrarily, so any number of page templates showing different contents can be built. The job offers template, in contrast, features fixed fields for taxonomy assignment, description, contact person, preview image and so on, making the job offer pages uniform and easily accesible.
      The (technically) most interesting part of the site is the job overview page, which contains custom filters that are automatically generated from the available taxonomy terms.
      The stylesheets are written in SASS, built with Bootstrap 4. Only the base and grid SASS files of Bootstrap are included, along with the Bootstrap components that we ended up using. Using Bootstrap 4 as a framework in this way makes development & styling blazingly fast, once all the utility classes are commited to muscle memory ...
      > Our Agency.
      Screenshots