Add Page Shortcut Menu

Orkun

Hi Guys

I have a question about the Add Page Shortcut Functionality. In General you can set the family settings on template so that you have to choose a new Parent when adding a new page of the defined template with the shortcut menu. In my case I can add new "Newsletter" Pages but I have to choose under which Parent it should be added. But as a "Clinic" - User I can only add the Newsletter Pages under the Parent Page which belongs to this User (was made with a Hook inside Page::addable / Page:editable).  Because of that I only see one Parent Item in the Dropdown Shortcut Menu which is correct.

post-3125-0-71095100-1463643462_thumb.pn

Can this Selection be skipped when the shortcut menu only has one Parent to choose (Also in ProLister "Add New")?

This worked for me:

I'm doing a "addHookBefore" inside the ProcessPageAdd::executeTemplate Method.

public function init() {

if(!$this->user->isSuperuser() && $this->user->hasRole("XXXXXXXX")) $this->addHookBefore('ProcessPageAdd::executeTemplate', $this, 'redirectParent');

}

Inside the redirectParent Hook Method

public function redirectParent(HookEvent $event){

//Get ID from URL
     $templateID = (int) $this->input->get->template_id;

//Check if it's a Newsletter
     if($templateID == 66){

//Get the Parent Page specified by the choose_sender_2016 Pagefield in the user & newsletter Template
	  $parent = $this->pages->get("template=newsletter-clinic, choose_sender_2016={$this->user->choose_sender_2016}");

//Check if a Parent was found
          if($parent->id){

//Skip the Parent Selection with a redirect
		$url = "./?parent_id=" . $parent->id; 
	        if($this->wire('input')->get('modal')) $url .= "&modal=1";
	        $this->wire('session')->redirect($url);
	  }
     }

}
  • Like 3

Interesting - I was just dealing with something similar with AdminRestrictBranch but solved it a different way by hooking into executeNavJSON

Here's the approach just it's helpful for you or someone else: https://github.com/adrianbj/AdminRestrictBranch/blob/master/AdminRestrictBranch.module#L110

PS - I am certainly not suggesting mine is better in anyway - just a different approach to share :)

• Like 2