Session information in the DB

bmacnaughton

I'm looking at the session information in the database. The "ts" column shows my local time formatted as text.

The code in the wire/core/sessions.php file shows a check against the normal PHP/Unix "time()" function, which is GMT/UTC time.

Shouldn't the timestamp in the DB be GMT/UTC?

And pardon the next question; I'm still trying to grasp the structure of PW.

How/where does Session.php fetch the 'ts' column from the database? I was trying to track down the answer to my own questions but couldn't find where the 'ts' column gets used.

Context - I'm writing a lazy cron job to delete files if the session they are associated with has expired. It seems like the sessions in the DB need to be cleaned up as well - if I explicitly logout the session is deleted. But there are leftover sessions from months ago in the DB, so it looks like old sessions that just don't come back don't get deleted because the expiration logic doesn't delete the session record when it determines the session timed out.

OK, my issue. The DB does have UTC time; I hadn't realized it was configured with SYSTEM time, so it's doing a conversion on output.

I just need to configure MySQL appropriately. It would be nicer/easier to use if the timestamp was a Unix time value rather than a timestamp.

• Like 3