bmacnaughton

Session information in the DB

I'm looking at the session information in the database. The "ts" column shows my local time formatted as text.

The code in the wire/core/sessions.php file shows a check against the normal PHP/Unix "time()" function, which is GMT/UTC time.

Shouldn't the timestamp in the DB be GMT/UTC?

And pardon the next question; I'm still trying to grasp the structure of PW.

How/where does Session.php fetch the 'ts' column from the database? I was trying to track down the answer to my own questions but couldn't find where the 'ts' column gets used.

Context - I'm writing a lazy cron job to delete files if the session they are associated with has expired. It seems like the sessions in the DB need to be cleaned up as well - if I explicitly logout the session is deleted. But there are leftover sessions from months ago in the DB, so it looks like old sessions that just don't come back don't get deleted because the expiration logic doesn't delete the session record when it determines the session timed out.

OK, my issue. The DB does have UTC time; I hadn't realized it was configured with SYSTEM time, so it's doing a conversion on output.

I just need to configure MySQL appropriately. It would be nicer/easier to use if the timestamp was a Unix time value rather than a timestamp.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By iipa
      Hello forum!
      I have a site, where I want to remember two settings defined by user:
      1) Theme (light or dark)
      2) Language (Finnish or English)
      Because user makes changes to these settings on client side, I am a bit lost with how can I save them in ProcessWire $session variable? I would like to use $session for more reliable saving, and since it is only two variables I will use, I doubt it will become too resource-needy.
      I have tried using jQuery's post() -method referring to a file in Templates folder (theme.php), but I get 403 Forbidden Error. I don't like the idea of trying to post to same file user currently is in, which is why I thought having a separate file would be good in this.
      Contents of theme.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://domain.com'); $theme = $input->post['theme']; if(!empty($theme)) $session->theme = $theme; ?> Long story short: Does anybody have any pro tips I could use with setting and getting $session variables?
    • By jom
      Hi everyone
      It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.
      I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.
      The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 
      As mentioned in the topic above, 
      $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?
      My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):
      //generate and show download link $folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder $maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds $options = array( 'maxAge' => $maxAge ); $wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options); $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); $src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename; // Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) { if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){ //get subdirs from tempDir: $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir"); $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100); $out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>"; } } I appreciate any ideas - thanks!
      Oliver
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, this is my first security related post, so I'm a bit of a newbie.
      I understand that when I have direct front-input from user I should sanitize the input, but how about when I use a secret key for showing a API for a third-party supplier? Should I sanitize the input->get() key?
      I've tested this issue and I tried ?key=<?php echo $page->field; ?> And without adding any sanitization it comes back: /?key=<?php%20echo%20$page->field;%20?>
      So can I rely on this, or should I still use $sanitizer just in case?

Thanks for the help!
    • By DooM
      Hello guys,
      I'm trying to figure out how to sync fields and templates between staging and production environments.
      I've found Migrations module by Lostkobrakai, but with use of it all the fields and templates must be created by API, which is kind of uncomfortable.
      I also tried ProcessDatabaseBackups module which can export only certain tables, but I don't think it's the best practice to do that.
      How do you guys solve this problem? It's very annoying to setup everything three times (dev, staging, production).
      Thanks a lot :)