didhavn

Error 500 with repeater with more than 51 items

Hey all.

I have a repeater with single textfield items.

Everything is working fine till I reach 51 items. When I want to add the 52th, I get a 500 Internal Server Error and the page is not editable anymore...I have to delete the page and start from scatch.

Can anyone think of a reason for that? And of course a solution?

Thanks a lot!!

[EDIT]

I am running:

- ProcessWire 2.7.2

- FieldtypeRepeater 1.0.2

- MySql Server Version: 5.5.47-0

- PHP Version 5.6.21

Depending on the number of fields in that repeater you might run into the max_post_vars setting of php.

You might need to switch to PageTable or something similar. You are hitting the limits of what a Repeater is capable of.

People often run into this issue, see for example:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13089-repeater-field-limits-and-server-timeouts/

Not long ago I even posted a request in the Wishlist topic section:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13112-the-possibility-to-specify-a-maximum-item-limit-for-a-repeater-field/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sanyaissues
      Hi, I have a page with a repeater called teams with two fields: team (a pageReference with a list of teams) and people (a pageReference with a list of people who likes this team).
      I'm trying to populate the people field in the repeater according to the value of the team field in the same repeater. So far. I'm able to get the pageArray that I want to assign to the people field, but i don't know how to "save" the value for each instance of the repeater.
      I hope somebody can give me a light. Thanks in advance.

$wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) { if($event->object->hasField == 'people') { $repeaterField = $event->arguments('page')->teams; foreach ($repeaterField as $t) { // Is this the way to loop the instances of the repeater? $team = $t->team->id; $t->people = $event->pages->find("template=user, team={$team}"); var_dump($t->people); // This returns the values that i want to assign for each repeate instance $event->return = $t->people; // I hope this assign a custom pageArray for each repeater, but it assigns the same for all the instances of the repeater } } });  
    • By rushy
      Hi 
      My first use of repeaters. They seem very useful, but I'm having a strange problem with the descriptions of the images field. I can't change them after deploying from my local dev server to the live server. I have defined a repeater with one images field and one textarea (multi language) field. This works as expected when added to a template and on the page I add an image and text in 3 languages. I usually populate the image description fields with a caption text in 3 languages so that I can output a caption if required under the image.  Now this all works a treat on my test localhost server, but when deployed to the live site the captions cannot be changed on these repeater image fields. If I login to the live site and change the image text in there - as soon as I hit save the text goes back to what it was before! I am logged in as superuser so can't work out what the problem is. 
      I had a search through the forums but couldn't find a similar problem. Any ideas where to look for some clues to what the problem may be?
      I'm using ProcessWire 3.0.96 
      Many thanks - Paul
    • By j__
      On a site that lists events, I am using a repeater field 'event_time', which contains two Inputfield Time fields 'event_time_start' and 'event_time_end'. Some events take place multiple times, others just once. Here's an example for the data structure:
      event1 title: First Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event2 title: Second Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event_time (2): event_time_start: 14:00 event_time_end: 18:00 event3 title: Third Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 07:00 event_time_end: 09:30 First, I'd like to generate a list of all events, sorted by event_time_start, with every repeater item added as an actual event (similar to a SQL JOIN clause). The desired output would be:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event 14:00-18:00 Second Event A selector like
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start!=,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); would only return each event page once:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event without
      14:00-18:00 Second Event Is there a possible alteration of the selector to take all different occurrences into account?
      Also I'd like to filter for events taking place in the morning, using a selector like:
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start>=06:00,event_time.event_time_start<=12:00,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); However, this would only return each 'event' page, which then contains also the afternoon version of event2.
      While I have the impression these are rather simple tasks, I struggle finding a selector-based solution to it. In this example on opening times are some similarities, but it does not deal with multiple occurrences. I'd appreciate your ideas to it.
    • By jothanne
      I have the following page and field setup:
      root_page (Page)
      |
      |- colors_page (Page)
      |  |
      |  |- type_repeater (Repeater Field)
      |     |
      |     |- color_repeater (Repeater Field)
      |        |- colorname_text (Text Field)
      |        |- coloropt_options (Select Options Field / Multiple values)
      |           (1=usable, 2=preferred)
      |
      |- products_page (Page)
         |
         |- product_repeater (Repeater Field)
            |- product_color (Page Reference Field)
      Now i want to fill the entries of the 'product_color'-field with only the color names ('colorname_text'-field) of the colors which are 'usable' (value=1) corresponding to the 'coloropt_options'-field within the nested repeaters 'type_repeater' and 'color_repeater' of the 'colors_page'.
      I researched and tried a lot, but cant't really get around this problem. As a temporary workaround i replaced the repeater fields by subpages - but that isn't what i want in the end. And now i hope for a helping hand to give me the essential advice or hint.
      Thanks a lot in advance.
    • By karian
      I don't know why multiple instances (repeater_repeat_columns1, repeater_repeat_columns2, ...) of my repeater field are displayed inside Template field (see image).
      Is there a way to clean/reset it ?