Laravel Valet with ProcessWire

LostKobrakai

Valet does not use apache, so it‘s certainly no .htaccess issue. The routing is encoded in the drivers (hence the need for drivers in the first place). I‘m no longer actively using the driver, but it can certainly be that there are edge-cases, which won‘t properly resolve using it.

• 6 months later...

A couple of days ago, I had an issue with Valet on Linux and Tracy. Tracy bar was not loading, giving me an error saying $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] was returning a boolean when expected was a string.  

I solved this by 'brute force' like below but would like to understand the reasons for that. Does anybody know?

//ProcessWireValetDriver.php
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = substr(str_replace($dir, '', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']), 10);

//brute force
            if(!$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) {

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = "/";

}

• 10 months later...

I've just installed Valet and have been testing sites running a few different CMSs including PW, Craft and ExpressionEngine.

The sites on Craft and EE work fine, but for one of the PW sites I created, I get the home page on every URL I visit, and the other, the home page works OK, but every other page gives me a 'The page isn’t redirecting properly' error. Actually, it's every other PW page, i.e. one ending with a /

If I try and visit a non-existent page like example.html, I get the 404 page for the site.

Is there something else that needs to be done to PW sites to get them to work with Valet?

Edited by Tyssen
Added some more info