List of available modules

yellowled

(Assuming the might become a FAQ.)

I was just wondering: is there a list of PW modules not shipped with the core? Does anyone bookmark all of them in delicious or something? Because sometimes, especially when evaluating PW for a project, this might come in handy. It might also be a nice idea to categorize such a list, maybe add a status (alpha, beta, stable) for each module …

Maybe a redmine (redmine.org) install with each module as a project would save a bundle of time. Then each module could have a wiki, forum, downloads, repo, news, issues, etc. Forums are such a poor choice for this. I might be up for providing hosting or a contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something I never finished but what's kind of something similar:

AutoUpgrade

This module checks if a new version of processwire is available and if it should be it'll show a message with a link. After clicking the link it'll automatically download the new version dezip it and replace the old files. But it's still alpha so you always backup your system before running an upgrade.

AutoUpgrade.zip

• Like 2

This looks pretty awesome Nico! You should start a separate thread for this release. It looks like it provides one of the important capabilities we want to add in the future, and this answers a lot of questions on how it can be done. Though it looks like it may require that everything be writable on the user's web account, and this isn't the case with any of mine at least. But that can be solved by having the module go through and perform its installation via FTP (which is what the WP installer does I think). I see the unlink_recursive function, which the name of which scares me a little. :) I'm sure it's completely safe, but just wondering about the option of having it archive (perhaps to some other dir) rather than delete stuff? Either way, this looks like a high quality and ambitious module, nice work!