Maximum "Pages Creations" with API

jrtderonde

Hi all,

I am using Processwire to synchronize Albums form a Facebook Page into Processwire. Works like a charm! I'm using two loops to synchronize the albums

• One loop that creates a page that stands for the "album"
  • One loop that stores every image within the album as a child of the "album"

I experienced that this loop however only synchronizes the first 25 images. I was wondering, is there any kind of limitation that comes with the page creation API? I used the following script as posted before by Ryan if I'm not mistaking :)

$p = new Page();
$p->template = "fb_image";
$p->parent = $pages->get("name=$id");
$p->title = $hash;
$p->name = $hash;
$p->save();

$p->fb_image = $image["images"][0]["source"];
$p->save();

Hope someone has the answer!

As far as I know, there is no limit on the API side. You can create 100s or 1000s of pages.

I think what happens in your case is that the max execution time for your script is reached at some point in your loop. This max value depends on your server settings.

But you can change it runtime by using ini_set('max_execution_time', 300);  ( would be 300 seconds for each iteration, which is just an example value) inside your loop and this will reset the execution time for each iteration in your loop. See here for more info.

• Like 1

As gebeer said php ini variables like max_execution_time and possibly memory_limit are could be limitation's.

You have to consider also some network latency, Facebook response time and even possible Facebook limitation in the amount of request's per second (If it exists).

Log the initial time and end time of your script; so you could do better debug of your problem.

Check also if the limitation is not on the FB API side. I remember that I had to do the same with youtube, but YT allowed me to call a limited amount of videos on the same request.

• Like 2