Ideas for a wedding website

Arkster

Hello,

It's been a while since I last came here -- glad to see the project is still going so strong.

I'm building a website for my sisters wedding, and I'm interested in input on how to go about this in ProcessWire.

I'd like to have a reservation URL that will be on the invites. There, the visitor can enter a code printed on their invite (or maybe have it be in the URL). They can then select the number of guests attending or that they won't be attending, and write a guestbook entry if they choose.

It's been so long since I've worked with ProcessWire and am out of the mindset...Could any of you experienced (or non-experienced) ProcessWireans point me in the right direction?

I was thinking of adding a page with a particular template for each guest, but thought that maybe there was a better way. At first I was thinking of actually making each guest a user, but then that seemed overkill. For the guestbook my plan is to have a directory tree for all the guestbook entries, new page for each entry.

Thanks for any input!

Welcome back Arkster! This actually sounds like your needs fall pretty close in line with what the FormTemplateProcessor module does. I would take a look at that first. It may be a good starting point for what you are trying to do.

The Comments field is also a good solution for something like the guestbook, but probably not ideal here since you are wanting to use the same form for RSVP info.

In addition, I would probably ask them to enter their name rather than having to maintain codes or separate URLs, etc. At least, we've always had to enter our name on any online wedding RSVP we've ever used. :) It just seems like extra/unnecessary effort and support burden once you start introducing codes, unique URLs or the like (though that's just an outsiders perspective).

Thanks Ryan, I will take a look at that module.

I think your right about the name thing. I was thinking from a security perspective though. There is a limited amount of space, so I don't want to give the impression that anyone who finds it can enter their name, so It's going to be checking against a database of invited guests. If we do the names, then people will (with some trial/error) be able to see who is on the list. I guess this isn't some high security weapons locker though :).

Yeah I certainly want to capture guestbook entries when people RSVP, simply because it will make it easy and I think there will be more responses.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1