Pull content from Settings Page

louisstephens

So I created a settings page in the admin (process set to PageEdit and chose a page from the tree with the desired template), but now I am a little confused of how to actually pull out the data that I need.

I had tried: 

<?php echo $page->settings->body; ?>

but this produces nothing. I am sure I have overlooked something very easy here, but for the life of me I cant figure it out.

Thanks netcarver. I had actually looked at that earlier, but I (unfortunately) dont have access to the proFields at the moment and dont want to confuse the user with having to use "|" to separate the content. I guess I was hoping to use this much like any other template/page  by utilizing:

<?php echo $page->settings->body; ?>

or by something similar.

@louisstephens: so you followed these instructions:

http://processwire-recipes.com/recipes/create-custom-admin-settings-page-link-in-admin-menu/

right?

In _init.php (delayed output method) I just do this:

$settings = $pages->get("/settings/");

and later on, access settings like this:

<h1><?= $settings->site_title ?></h1>

Sure, we can use the ID of the page too, but it is easier to remember a string, which can be the same in different projects, while IDs might differ.

• Like 4

I'm doing it almost like szabesz explained, but using $config->opt = $pages->get(xyz); so i have it also available in included template files via wireRenderFile(xyz)

then you can do $config->opt->yourfield everywhere

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Saleena Jhon
      Hello There, I have saw a post that was covering event-calendar with php, ajax and js. That was showing a monthly overview when I click on a "month" button or when I switch the month. And show the events on one particular date when I pick a day. Also, most events are kind of exhibitions and so they have a start date and an end date much later, and occur on each day in-between as well. So on the template I put two date picking fileds date_start and date_end. Is there an elegant way to select the events using the API? If yes, kindly help me out.
      Thanks in Advance
      Regards: 

• By opalepatrick
      I am working on my first Process Module. I am creating forms. Fairly straightforward. However, I really can't work out how to create multiple fieldsets?
      $fieldset = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldset->label = 'Customer Source'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1449, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'yff-lead'; $field->name = 'yfflead'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1452, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'customer-type'; $field->name = 'customertype'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); //Rinse and Repeat $fieldset->label = 'Contacts'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1538, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'salutation'; $field->name = 'salutation'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); I can create the first fieldset (Customer Source) but then get into trouble as the second fieldset overwrites the first. I understand why, but trying to use the open and close fieldset routine has flummoxed me. Any help appreciated.
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, we're trying to use Processwire as our REST-API. We are having problems with our API login to Processwire from frontend. It gives us 403 error.
      We have installed ProcessWire to subdirectory (/api/*) and our frontend is static JS files at root ( / ). Apache access logs gives 404 to our POST-request, but browser devtools shows 403 for our POST /api/login request. 
      Processwire backend panel works. We also have a GET endpoint for the API that returns 200 with correct payload.  So we're wondering why does our GET works but POST doesn't?
      Does this have something to do with Processwire .htaccess, or is this because of our webhost? What should we check first? Any help would be appreciated.
    • By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By killedfriendz
      I am very sorry for asking this but i totally do not understand how to set values of checbox using API. 
      I have checbox field on my page with name "order_status". 
      So i've tried few ways to make it checked but it still doesn't work:

$userPage->order_status->value = 1; $userPage->order_status->add(1); $userPage->order_status->add(true); Could you please tell me how to do it?