Pull content from Settings Page

louisstephens

So I created a settings page in the admin (process set to PageEdit and chose a page from the tree with the desired template), but now I am a little confused of how to actually pull out the data that I need.

I had tried: 

<?php echo $page->settings->body; ?>

but this produces nothing. I am sure I have overlooked something very easy here, but for the life of me I cant figure it out.

Thanks netcarver. I had actually looked at that earlier, but I (unfortunately) dont have access to the proFields at the moment and dont want to confuse the user with having to use "|" to separate the content. I guess I was hoping to use this much like any other template/page  by utilizing:

<?php echo $page->settings->body; ?>

or by something similar.

@louisstephens: so you followed these instructions:

http://processwire-recipes.com/recipes/create-custom-admin-settings-page-link-in-admin-menu/

right?

In _init.php (delayed output method) I just do this:

$settings = $pages->get("/settings/");

and later on, access settings like this:

<h1><?= $settings->site_title ?></h1>

Sure, we can use the ID of the page too, but it is easier to remember a string, which can be the same in different projects, while IDs might differ.

• Like 4

I'm doing it almost like szabesz explained, but using $config->opt = $pages->get(xyz); so i have it also available in included template files via wireRenderFile(xyz)

then you can do $config->opt->yourfield everywhere

• Like 3