Modules not working?

j00st

Hi everyone!
Although I've set up a couple of sites using Processwire now, I still run into typical 'Getting Started' errors - and I figured this is yet another one...

On the previous site I built (locally and on a server) I had no problems with modules (downloaded them, placed them in the folder, installed, worked) but this time around two of the modules I want to use are not working. 

I'm using a textarea with Markdown (Parsedown Extra to be more precise - which works fine), but on the same textarea fields I want to use both the TextFormatterVideoEmbed (for YouTube & Vimeo) and the ImageTags (for embedding from the images field on the same page)

Current situation for:

VideoEmbed – Link is shown as link.

ImageTags - Throws the following error Notice: Array to string conversion in ../site/modules/ImageTags/TextformatterImageTags.module on line 20

Should I use a different version of Markdown? (Haven't tried that - just realised it while typing this post...)

I have the feeling I might be overlooking something really obvious, but I can't put my finger on it. Suggestions? Tips? Cheers!

Hej j00st,

I stumbled over the VideoEmbed problem, too. I think it was because indeed Markdown did translate "http://something.com" to an <a href="something"></a> link and VideoEmbed doesnt touch <a> links. I think switched to Textile in that one case - but I guess it should work by changing the order of the textformatters, too.

Regarding the other problem, the ImageTags module looks okay on line 20. Could you paste the textinput here? Maybe there is a typo?

cheers

Steffen

• 2 weeks later...

Hej j00st,

I stumbled over the VideoEmbed problem, too. I think it was because indeed Markdown did translate "http://something.com" to an <a href="something"></a> link and VideoEmbed doesnt touch <a> links. I think switched to Textile in that one case - but I guess it should work by changing the order of the textformatters, too.

Regarding the other problem, the ImageTags module looks okay on line 20. Could you paste the textinput here? Maybe there is a typo?

cheers

Steffen

Hi Steffen! Thanks for the input.

VideoEmbed:

Hmm. ok, so maybe chaning to Textile might be worth the trouble.

ImageTags:

Right now I'm addressing one images from the array of images in the field called 'images' I've had this field set both to Automatic as well as Array of Items as options for the formatted value of this field.

In the actual textfield it looks like this:

###temperature and colour

{images:2}

##EXPERIMENTS

@Francesco:

yup, double-checked those. Current order is as follows:

- Markdown/Parsedown Extra

- 
Image Tags

- Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo

Tried flipping the Markdown & Image Tags but still gives the same error.

Little update - in case people stumble across this page;

I've switched to Textile, which works marvels for the VideoEmbed...still not sure why it didn't work with markdown though. So Steffen, thanks again for this tip!

Couldn't fix the ImageTags, so ended up making 'sections' (child-pages) for a page, and adding images at the top of a section, continuing the text after that...