Pages List Hangs after admin section login

neildaemond

it was all working fine, I had my pw admin logged in but in another tab in my browser.

then after, I went to go add a page and found that the nice jquery list of pages weren't showing. The page was stuck on the animated arrow which is shown while its loading.

ss.png

I tried login out and in, clearing cache of my browser. It is working fine for other PW sites I have (running on different hosts), and It shows the same symptoms on my mobile device.

Any ideas as to how it could have reached this state?

Hard to tell without seeing what error is occurring. Check your /site/assets/logs/errors.txt file and see what it says. If you can't find it there, try turning on the developer tools in Chrome: View > Developer > Developer Tools. Then in PW's PageList screen where it's hanging, hit reload. Look at the last request in the 'Network' tab of the Developer Tools. Click on it. Then click either the Preview or Response tab that appears on the right pane. You should see an error message. What does it say?

you wouldn't believe my luck, I created another site on a different machine and web host, and its doing something similar without even loading the arrow gif... but in that case chrome dev tools console gave me the errors that $ is undefined in the .js files... I think it's because jquery isn't loading properly.

As for the site mentioned originally, chrome dev tools aren't showing any errors, the 'Network' tab shows everything transfered ok, but stops at the arrow gif loading..

This problem wasn't too urgent for me, so I haven't had much time to figure out the cause. I should have time over the next 2 days or so... and will keep you guys posted :)

Thanks and let us know what you find Neil. I think the $ undefined error, as well as the chrome dev tools not showing any errors sounds unusual, so if you get a chance try in another browser too. This sounds a lot more like client-side than server-side, so wondering what might be interfering with the JS. Your location does say Hong Kong… filters? :-X

So, I figured it out. Recently, I was playing around with Attracta services provided by my web host... and 2 weeks or so later (when I noticed this issue), the inline adds must have kicked into gear. It kept trying to GET a .js file from kona.kontera.com which seemed to mess everything up.

i removed a .fastinclude file from my public_html folder and now it works okay, YAY!

you wouldn't believe my luck, I created another site on a different machine and web host, and its doing something similar without even loading the arrow gif... but in that case chrome dev tools console gave me the errors that $ is undefined in the .js files... I think it's because jquery isn't loading properly.

now to debug this one... :(

not really sure why the jquery module wasn't loading the jquerycore, but I thought I'd just load it manually. I hacked the admin-template/default.php, changing the section:

$config->styles->prepend($config->urls->adminTemplates . "styles/main.css");

$config->styles->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "styles/ui.css?v=1");

$config->scripts->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "scripts/main.js");

to

$config->scripts->prepend($config->urls->adminTemplates . "scripts/JqueryCore.js");

$config->styles->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "styles/main.css");

$config->styles->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "styles/ui.css?v=1");

$config->scripts->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "scripts/main.js");

and copied the JqueryCore.js into admin-templates/styles/

works now :)

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I wanted to say that this problem sorted itself out in a strange way. I installed a custom admin theme, then it didn't work either. Then I deleted the site/templates-admin folder via ftp. while it was deleting I refreshed the page, got some errors.. kept refreshing it until the folder was gone.

Then, magically, the default theme worked just fine. very strange, but I'm glad I got it out of that funky state.

Thanks all for your help.

• Like 1