Setting different MIME-Types for a template

twols

Hello guys!

Is it possible to render a template depending on the URL? The "normal" page by using the html-Template and with the ".xml" extension a different template? I would write a module or something, but may be there is smarter way for solving my problem :)

I think PW has you covered there,

post-378-0-47608800-1461151833_thumb.png

There's a Content-Type select on the Files tab for each template. The note underneath says 'To add more content types see contentTypes in /wire/config.php (and add them in /site/config.php).'.

• Like 2

Thank you, @DaveP, but the "standard" way of PW is allowing only one mime type per template. I want to represent the same listing of posts in html or xml format. But may be I should simply create two templates and two pages. Though it is not that clean and creates additional content used only for structuring formats.

File extentions in the url are parsed as part of the page name. So you either need two different pages anyway or you need to handle everything on the parent page's template and use urlSegments. Alternatively you could also hook into the initial request parsing and implement your own "file type" routing logic.

• 3 years later...

You can just change $page->template->contentType and $page->template->altFilename at runtime…

$html = $page->render();
$page->template->contentType = 'txt';
$page->template->altFilename = "Mail.txt.php";
$txt = $page->render();

$count = $this->mail->new()
			->subject($subject)
			->body($txt)
			->bodyHTML($html)
			->send();

For me, altFilename actually is enough…

• Like 1