FieldsetTabOpen not visible for non-super user

kiennguyen1101

Hi all,

I added a field FieldsetTabOpen in the user template (with FieldsetEnd as well). Everything works perfectly if the user is super-user: the tab to edit fields within FieldsetTabOpen show up. However, when I logged in as other role, this tab does not show at all. I've tried manual access control in field settings but it doesn't work. Does anyone have this issue?

Are you talking about allowing the fieldset to show up when users visit their profile page? If you are, then try this;

• Log back in as superuser
  • Edit the configuration for the core module ProcessProfile
  • Select all your new fields, including the fieldset, by checking the box next to them
  • Save the module settings

Now log back in as a non-superuser and visit your profile page.

Untested - YMMV

• Like 1

Are you talking about allowing the fieldset to show up when users visit their profile page? If you are, then try this;

• Log back in as superuser
  • Edit the configuration for the core module ProcessProfile
  • Select all your new fields, including the fieldset, by checking the box next to them
  • Save the module settings

Now log back in as a non-superuser and visit your profile page.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did as per instructed and it shows up on the edit profile page. However, when editing other users, it still doesn't work. In my case the FieldsetTabOpen behaviour is really weird:

• In admin/profile page, this field shows up as a normal field which group other fields and you can click to close/open.
  • In access/users/edit page, this field shows up as a tab (this is what I intend for it to behave) but ONLY to super-user even though my testing account has user-admin permission.

Ok, so forget my previous post as that only acts on the profile pages.

On a PW 2.7.3 install I setup a FieldsetTabOpen (and _END) and added them to my user template and threw a couple of extra fields in between them and saved the template. Next, I added the 'user-edit' permission to my 'editor' role (that role also has page-view, profile-edit and page-edit permissions set.) Now, when I log in as an editor and look at the user pages, I get the tab and can edit the fields within. Just to be clear; I did not have to setup any additional permission requirements on the field.

Do you have any additional permission requirements setup on your FieldsetTabOpen field?

Do you have any additional permission requirements setup on your FieldsetTabOpen field?

No, though I have tried. My 'manager' role also has similar permissions: page-edit, user-admin, user-admin-staff, page-lister, page-view and profile-edit but it doesn't work like yours.