• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By holmescreek
      Question 1
      I recently installed PW 3.0.62 for a new site and also have sites running older version of PW 3.x.
      Can I export the database on an older version of PW 3.x and import it to PW 3.0.62 without any issues?

Question 2
      (This is kind of alternative to the above for long term use - and maybe a better solution...)
      On  the sites I've previously built I have templates (home, basic-page, contact) and fields that I commonly use, such as business_name, phone_1.  The last site I built is running PW 3.0.42.  I was considering cloning this into a local site and running the upgrade module to bring it up to PW 3.0.62. From there on out when I start I new project I could just run the PW upgrade module, copy the folder to the location for the new project and duplicate the database using the new projects name.

So basically, I'll always keep a "blank slate" site that I can just run the PW upgrade on, then duplicate into a new project. This would cut down on the work and time spent having to re-create these common fields, that I use. From there, I would just add fields, templates, etc, specific for the new website project.

Is this a sound approach to speed up development?

• By FvG
      Hi there!

I haven't used PHP and Processwire for almost four years now, but now I need a good CMS again ;-) I just found an old PW installation (2.3.0), which I would like to update to the current version. What's the best way to do this? It looks like starting from 2.5.0 there is a module which does updates automatically, so would it make sense to update to 2.5.0 and then let PW do it? 

Thanks for your suggestions!

• By CarloC
      Hi everyone,
      I've upgraded one of my pw 2.7 websites to the 2.8 legacy version and I'm encountering some problems.
      As you can see in the image I don't see uploaded images thumbnails anymore, and the repeater fields previously added are no more usable.

Why I'm having this strange behaviour simply after an upgrade from processwire 2.7 to 2.8?
      Hope you can help me, I'd like to use the 2.8 version features like the front-end inline editing, but it seems like I'll be locked in the 2.7 version forever
      Thank you!

• By holmescreek
      I just posted a question about moving PW from a resting domain to a production domain, after consideration I figure I would create a new post for a second question I have.
      I noticed the coming feature of client size image resizing. This will be really helpful, as I have some clients on a Satellite connection. I'm telling you, them trying to upload 15MB images, or them getting them straight on batch resizers (or Photoshop) to resize before upload is a real chore. Needless to say, Ryan has been doing an excellent job addressing this.
      My question, is that I have several clients on PW 2.x thru 3.x. Is there a really good guide on steps that I need to take to update the core to take advantage of the features of new releases? Are their perils to look out for?
      Yeah, after developing several sites, I feel a bit silly about asking this one, but, the docs doesn't seem to be clear in a "general" sense of upgrading the core across all versions.
      Thanks everyone for your time and assistance.
    • By alexcapes
      Hi,
      I just updated a site to 3.0.61 and it's breaking uploading images from a URL via the API.
      I get the following error:
      Recoverable Fatal Error: Method ProcessWire\Pageimage::__toString() must return a string value The code getting the image is very simple:
      $new_edition->work_cover = $cover_url; $new_edition->save('work_cover'); It works fine on 3.0.42 but returns the error on 3.0.61