Wishlist: Multiple instances of same field

steveooo

Hello,

just another wish on my list: Multiple instances for same field. E.g. I have got a simple "text" field that's just a CKEdtior textarea. If I want to use two or more text fields, I need to dublicate the "text" field to something like "text2".

I know that every field is unique because of the database structure behind. Is is still possible to make something like this for this problem? Maybe save everything to same table in database but somehow add a "instanceNumber" field that separates "text1" from "text2"?

It isn't a big thing, because cloning is easy. I really like to keep redundancies low and cloning fields isn't that great, so I share this wishlist. Maybe there is some way and I don't know about it, so let me know :)

Thanks for this fast answer! Well: For textarea, your solution would be the solution! But "text" and textarea fields were just an example. Maybe I need multiple floats with the same settings. Instead of creating 3 different fields, one field with 3 virtual instances would be nice (float1, float2, float3 field)