Wishlist: Group field for grouping fields

steveooo

• 3 months later...

just tried the new repeater updates and it seems like a perfect match for this request! almost. you would just have to hide the label of the repeateritem then it looks really nice!

2016-12-11 11_49_57-Edit Page_ About • repeater.dev.png

keep in mind that selectors could get more complex when using this approach!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bernhard said:

...you would just have to hide the label...

I'm not sure why hiding it should be desired. If we group things, they are probably somehow related, and if so, it should be possible to name that relation, which is helpful even for backend users. Just like in your example; it is an address, why should we hide the name of the relation? Maybe to save some space? :D 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, wheelmaker24 said:

So, bernhard, how did you hide the label and the "Add new" link? Or is this just a mockup?

The "Add New" link is automatically hidden when the max is reached.

To hide the repeater item label for repeaters with min and max of 1 you can use a CSS rule like this in AdminCustomFiles or AdminOnSteroids:

.InputfieldRepeater[data-min="1"][data-max="1"] .InputfieldRepeaterHeaderInit { display:none; }

If you do this you would want to have your repeater set to "Items always open".

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello,

is FieldsetGroup included only inside Pro fields or it in core?
I am asking this because I had updated from 2.8 to 3.098 and can't find option to create  FieldsetGroup field type?

Thanks and regards.

1 hour ago, OLSA said:

Hello,

is FieldsetGroup included only inside Pro fields or it in core?
I am asking this because I had updated from 2.8 to 3.098 and can't find option to create  FieldsetGroup field type?

Thanks and regards.

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.73-and-new-fieldset-types/

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.74-adds-new-fieldsetpage-field-type/

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/fieldsetgroup-module-released/

• Like 2

@cstevensjr thanks for the reply. I found that links before, but read to fast..., now understand that is still in development/testing phase.

Before 2 years I build JSON fieldtype (for configuration only), but sometimes, I use it to store contact details.
Because never totally finished, I didn't post it to module section.

Please, allow me to suggest that in case of this new fieldtypes (FieldsetGroup and FieldsetPage), to try to find another one option for multilanguage tabs to reduce space in user interface (and to get some kind of "compact view"). To be more clear, here are some screenshots of my JSON configuration filedtype.

Compact view/layout:

compact-layout.thumb.png.3663d76571f4c4a93a2cfe3a2bf9a814.png

Field settings:

visibility-options-and-conditions.thumb.png.b915d89c241755ddb93716ec2c286900.png

Thanks for Ryan and others who are involved in development of this new fieldtypes.

Best regards.

EDIT: here is that module and you can try it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...