Order Form / Inquiry Form within a site; no real shop

sappel

Good Morning all together,

​I've been using processwire a few years ago for one or two sites, but haven't looked into it for quite some time.

​Now I'm planing two new sites and I'm not comfortable with Wordpress, which I used in between..

​Also for the current projects I didn't find any good solution yet. I need to set up two sites with something like a product catalog and an order / inquiry form. I don't want any shop functionality , because that would involve other legal aspects and we don't want customer data or payment options/data within the sites. The general idea is: Show a catalog with a bunch of products. Visitors can browse the catalog, select several products (if possible with options for some products), add them to some kind of basket, but at the end they don't have a shopping basked to checkout, pay etc, but only a shopping basket to set an inquiry to us.

​Should the form builder do the trick here and/or how could I set up the catalog?

​I'll set up my test environment today and start testing, any feedback is appreciated.

​Thanks in advance

Without, padloper, it is still not that difficult to implement such an order inquiry said from OP

create product template as usual

implement shopping cart function (session based is the most easiest to implement). You canfind such php code snippnet around the Internet easily.

Create a Order inquiry form, in which it will fetch the content from shopping cart.That's it.