Develop a module with Backend Tabs and nested Fields

Hi Folks,

I like to develop a Backend Module with extra tabs and nested fields. Is there any Example Code for my Idea ? 

The Module should create new fields, a new Tab and several fields on it. AND... Last but not least the fields depend on each other by rules like "if checkbox $a then unfold area with Textfield 1+2 "

If someone have a snippet for me to learn ... it would be soooo great. Thanks. 

Michael

Probably better examples floating around too, but the execute() method in ProcessLinkChecker.module loads JqueryWireTabs, creates a new InputfieldWrapper, and adds child inputfields. In this case children are created by separate build* methods, but you could also create them in the execute() method itself. In this case I need to create multiple similar inputfields, and separate methods help me avoid code repetition.

There might be a better way to do this, but in this case I had to trigger the tab feature myself. This is done in ProcessLinkChecker.js, and the target is the original InputfieldWrapper element created by execute() method of ProcessLinkChecker.module. This is why I had to load JqueryWireTabs in the Process module, by the way.

You can display fields conditionally by using showIf rules. Something like this, perhaps:

public function execute() {

$fields = new InputfieldWrapper;

$field = new InputfieldCheckbox;
    $field->name = "field_a";
    $fields->add($field);

$field = new InputfieldText;
    $field->name = "field_b";
    $field->showIf = "field_a=1";
    $fields->add($field);

return $fields->render();

}

Edit: I'm moving this topic to module development subforum. Modules forum is intended for module support threads, while the module development subforum is where we can discuss development practices etc. :)

Edited by teppo
  • Like 1