Problems setting up multisite

raydale

Hi Rjay,  thanks for the prompt response!
I have that folder to 755 What permissions do you have for yours? Do you have any .htaccess settings for both main sitedomain.com and siteotherdomain.com on the servers LAMP public_html or www folder

UPDATE: Its working now I had some .htaccess settings on the public_html folder, I forgot to remove for the multisite to work.

Thanks for all your help Rjay. 

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

Hi Guys,
i want to refresh this post because I couldn't get option #1 working. I want to set up a multidomain - project and i want to test it with a subdomain from my origin Project.
my main site is working fine - this is the setup:
- pwFolder
        - wire
        - site
        - site-otherdomain
        index.config.php
        a.s.o.

the index.config.php:

function ProcessWireHostSiteConfig() {
	return array(
		/*
		 * Some Examples (you should remove/replace them if used).
		 * Just note that the values must begin with 'site-'.
		 */
		 'sub.mydomain.de' => 'site-otherdomain',
		 'www.sub.mydomain.de' => 'site-otherdomain',
		 'www.mydomain.com' => 'site-mydomain',
		 'dev.mydomain.com' => 'site-dev',

/*
		 * Default for all others (typically /site/)
		 */
		'*' => 'site',
	);
}

Domain-Hosting Setup:

sub.mydomain.de  points to "pwFolder"
mydomain.de points also to "pwFolder"

when i write into the Browser "www.sub.mydomain.de" nothing happens - no error, only "Site was not found".
it seems the configuration in the index.config.php has no effect.

Is there anything i forgot?

Thanks a bunch!

SOLVED:
Subdomains do not work - it works with a complete different domain ( here: Virtual Host )

but in this context another issue occurs:
if i want to use the AdminThemeUikit within my 2nd Site ( it was already installed in the main-site ) the following notification comes up. When i Click on the Link an error 500 occurs.

I thought, in case of Option #1, there are no dependencies between the different "Site-folders". Each Site-Structure has it´s own module environment?!

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-28 um 17.16.03.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

The notification/alert tells you what to do. About 2-3 clicks and it's done. At least it should be done.

what kind of clicks do you recommend ? - when i click on the link ("click here to change the file is used " - which is obvious ) i will get an error 500

1 hour ago, itsberni said:

But that isn't my problem any longer because this was only for testing

OK. However, my point was that multisite option #1 works with subdomains as well ?.

1 hour ago, itsberni said:

But the problem with the admin-theme is still a topic.

On 11/28/2019 at 4:26 PM, itsberni said:

I thought, in case of Option #1, there are no dependencies between the different "Site-folders". Each Site-Structure has it´s own module environment?!

Yes but to some extent No. Let me explain:

Core Modules (e.g. AdminThemeUikit) will be physically shared between the sites since they live under wire/modules. By physical is meant the module files. However, optional core modules such as AdminThemeUiKit can be installed in some site-* but not others. Since site-* each have their own databases, site-a might have AdminThemeUikit installed whereas site-b might not. Install just means a reference to the installed module in a site's database.

Custom modules, i.e. those that live in site-*/modules are not physically shared. Unless you are using symbolic links (which can be problematic!) each site-* will have its own modules folder. This means site-a/modules can have SomeModule and site-b/modules can also have the identical or same SomeModule. Of course, their respective databases will have references to their respective SomeModule.

So, back to your problem. Did you physically copy AdminThemeUiKit to both your site/modules and site-stirnweiss/modules? This is in addition to the core copy in wire/modules/AdminTheme. If you did so, that is wholly unnecessary. If the answer is no, then you are experiencing a different problem, maybe a server configuration issue. It's hard to tell without more information about the 500 errors (apache logs, ProcessWire error logs, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, kongondo said:

So, back to your problem. Did you physically copy AdminThemeUiKit to both your site/modules and site-stirnweiss/modules? This is in addition to the core copy in wire/modules/AdminTheme. If you did so, that is wholly unnecessary. If the answer is no, then you are experiencing a different problem, maybe a server configuration issue. It's hard to tell without more information about the 500 errors (apache logs, ProcessWire error logs, etc.

I did. That's the way to go. I´m deactivating the folders in both sites....and viola. Now i'm able to setup the AdminThemeUiKit in both environments. Perfect - you made my day. Many thanks

26 minutes ago, itsberni said:

I did. That's the way to go. I´m deactivating the folders in both sites....and viola. Now i'm able to setup the AdminThemeUiKit in both environments. Perfect - you made my day. Many thanks

Glad you got it sorted.

• Like 1