Installation problem... Only homepage and then 404 error...

celfred

Hello to all of you,

I'm new to Processwire and I've been trying desperately for a few hours to just... install it on my localhost (Ubuntu 12.04, Apache 2.2.22). You'll soon find out that I am not a professionel web developper, but still... this is driving me crazy and I'd love to get some help.

To describe my problem briefly : installation goes fine, no problem. I set everything as asked during the process (writable directories and so on). Then I go to 'View my site' : just fine. And as soon as I hit ANY link on the Basic homepage, I get that 404 error quite a few talked about in other posts...

So far, I've tested :

- nonsens string in my .htaccess : throws a 500 error (sound good, no?)

- re-read everything in my Apache setting (again I'm no professional and couldn't find anything wrong...)

- checked the mod_rewrite in my phpinfo... Looks good. I'll put it underneath for those interested to help.

- tried to uncomment the rewriteBase rule in the .htaccess. Nothing worked (actually, and that's CRAZY to me, it worked once on a reload (I DID see the ABOUT page simply putting for the nth time RewriteBase /mysubdir/, but it worked ONCE (can you believe this?) and never again.

- tried restarting my Apache server many times... no change....

I can't think of anything else to do, so please, if someone can help, I'd greatly appreciate...

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

My phpinfo is attached.phpinfo.php.html

Celfred.

EDIT : Oh I'm SO sorry and ashamed... (Did I tell you I was no professional?) I had just one last idea before going to bed... trying one last change on my rewriteBase line and... It worked ! It's cool, but I can't believe it took me hours to find this out. Actually my server is installation is in private/processwire/ subfolder and I simply forgot the 'private' part in the path...

I guess you can ignore my post now... Have a good night...

Edited by Soma
  • Like 1

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

You're not getting away with the post being ignored just like that ;)

Glad you got it working. It's good to have such a detailed post, so it can help others who might have the same problem.

Enjoy PW, and don't hesitate to call again for help, when needed.

• Like 1