Bronislava von Podewils

diogo

Hey!

I launched my second PW website. The design is again from Erika Göbel.

http://www.bronislava.de/

Bronislava is an artist that lives and work in Karlsruhe/Germany.

We decided for a very minimalistic approach. Everything is white, except for the works page (WERKE), where the pictures occupy all the screen.

I didn't test a lot on mobile phones, and I guess I will still have to do some more work for them, particularly for touch screens.

Soma's new module came just on time to make the admin even friendlier ;)

And again, it was a big pleasure to work with PW.

• Like 1

I have to admit this is too much whitespace for me, but you probably get that a lot. :)

Maybe developers approach the site differently than "usual" visitors. When I saw the index page, I was instantly wondering if something was broken or not loaded yet. It does, however, make you curious to explore the rest of the site, which is a good thing.

Very nice idea for the design/development/cms credits.

Very cool. I'm a fan of minimalism taken to this extreme. I just wish I could get away with it. :) I particularly like the presentation of photographs in the work section. Part of me wishes the photographs appeared site-wide as background texture, rather than just in the work section. Though I can also appreciate the surprise and contrast of keeping them independent.

Thanks for the answers!

Well, the white...

we even tried with pictures on every page, but both of us immediately felt that this silence would make a stronger statement. The other pages with pictures were removing importance to the works page. But still, we showed both versions to the client, and fortunately she agreed with us :)

Hey cool, and what did you do?

Seriously, in this case it just makes sense to have the thumbnails there :)

Thanks again for the comments guys

Just happened across this - I actually really like this. It's kind of edgy - just like the artwork.

As arjen mentions the navigation changing is very well done, understated and elegant. One of those things you never really notice as it's so seamless with the site experience.

Sometimes minimal work like this is a lot tougher to get across than very elaborate designs.

Good work Diogo.