Getting Amazon AWS SDK to work with PW

artaylor

Hi all,

I am trying to use Amazon S3 to store video files for a client. I am having trouble getting the SDK to work. I am sure it is a stupid error on my part but my head is sore from banging it against my desk and I thought I would finally ask for some help. 

I am running PW 3.0.11 on NGINX.

1. Amazon recommends using Composer to install the SDK. I was not sure where in the path to install the SDK so I put composer in the /site folder and installed the SDK there (putting vendor at the same level as modules), then I put the require and uses statements in _init.php. I always got an error saying it could not load the aws or s3 classes from the library.

2. So, then I tried to use aws.phar. I put that in the /site directory but once again, no matter what I do, it will not load with the following error:

require(): Failed opening required '/site/aws.phar'

The file is there with proper permissions and the code for loading is:

// --- amazon S3 stuff
require $config->urls->site . 'aws.phar';

$s3 = new Aws\S3\S3Client([
    'version' => 'latest',
    'region'  => 'us-standard',
  ]);

So, here are my questions:

1. In general, where is the correct place to put a php library? It is not a PW module so I assume it should not go in the modules folder.

2. Should I use Composer to install the SDK? If so, where do I put the files? Should I add the AWS SDK to the main composer.json file or put it somewhere else?

3. If I don't use Composer, where do I put the aws.phar file so that PW can load it?

4. Should I not put the 'require' in the _init.php file and move it to another file (_func.php)?

I am sure there is a massive face-palm in my future when this gets sorted out.

Thanks

Newest update after trying @LostKobrakai's suggestions:

1. Used Composer in root of site. AWS is in the vendor folder.

2. 3.0.11 index.php file calls the composer autoloader so I did not add the require 'vendor/autoloader.php' to the config.php file.

3. Tried to create an S3 object in _init.php using the following:

$s3 = new Aws\S3\S3Client([
    'version' => 'latest',
    'region'  => 'us-standard',
  ]);

but get the following error:

Class 'ProcessWire\Aws\S3\S3Client' not found

The code not sure why it is trying to reference Processwire\Aws...

Thanks