Publish to Twitter module

Ferdi Derksen

Hi @loukote,

My first thoughts were about that "user" template. This shouldn't be possible, because the module filters all System flagged templates.

After installing the same PW and module as you did, I saw that there isn't a filter on the date-field nor title-field which indicates the option to select the "City" and "first name" fields. Those are valid by filtering only on the fieldtypes "FieldtypeDatetime" and "FieldtypeText" for the date field and fieldtypes "FieldtypePageTitle" and "FieldtypeText" for the title field.

Since the filtering isn't that great, I added some minor changes to the module. Now it is possible to select the correct fields depending on the chosen template(s). The fieldtypes (as described above) are still used as a selector as well.

Please let me know if this works out now.

Hi @Ferdi Derksen,

Thanks for this! Updated smoothly and trying, the templates can be selected, so i do and submit.

Is it necessary to have a value in the "datefield to check for publication"? What if I always want to publish immediately? Anyway, created a datetime field that defaults to today and is hidden in the template. And it works.

The page-title field dropdown remains empty although the template has text fields, e.g. "title". Well, it is of the "PageTitleLanguage" type. Could it be the issue?

Ondra

image.thumb.png.312a8b8a9a24723a10e6c69f665d4638.png

• 5 months later...

I just installed this on PW 3.0.95 and noticed that once installed it expects the module settings values to be filled in regardless of whether or not you want to use it right away.  Would it be possible to remove the assumption that the values are defined, meaning if setting values are empty - do nothing & exit?

the errors that popup are

PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in ...\modules\PublishToTwitter\PublishToTwitter.module:366

and

PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in ...\modules\PublishToTwitter\PublishToTwitter.module:442

Feature request

Page tweet preview option before posting page and sending tweet. This would help cms users to double check the tweet will be as expected before posting.

We've had cases of wrong images, broken links, typos etc not being noticed before publishing and post to twitter by cms users. This preview function would help double check accuracy before letting the world see it.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I'm interested in this module, and I'm trying to get it working. I've installed it and selected the template and the date field. Can someone give me a clue what to do next. Do I modify the template or modify some php file? I've read all the questions on this thread and I can't figure out what to do next. Thank you.

Regards,

Update: spoke too soon, I didn't realize it would add fields to the template...It worked. Thanks.