destinationPath is not writable

Manaus

Hello, I get destinationPath is not writable (image) when saving a page with an Image on remote host. 

This thread advises to put return $this->error($this->destinationPath." is not writable"); on the inputField.module.

I get /site/assets/files/1058/ is not writable as a result. Oddly, the dir is 755.

Phpinfo does not mention safe_mode, save a sql.safe_mode which I don't think fitting.

The website resides under a /test/ directory. Pw version is 2.7.2.

Thanks for any suggestion...

Thanks horst, the owner is Scrooge, the group is McDuck, but the php user is Mickey. I guess I have to tell the provider to change the first?

Thanks

Are these names for real?    :)

I talked to the hosting provider, he said the settings are ok, and "If you are using Wordpress you can activate the Ftp".

Is there a parallel in the Processwire world? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Saying that the 'settings are OK ' isn't very helpful I am afraid :-). OK in what sense? OK for your ProcessWire install? Something else?

There is nothing like WP or ProcessWire FTP :-). What I think the hosting provider was telling you is to activate your FTP account and, because many FTP programmes have features that allow you to change file permissions (maybe even ownership? not sure), to use such an FTP programme to change your file/folder permissions. Like @horst intimated, your problem is most likely one of ownership. 

Have a read here about file permissions and ownership.

How did you install ProcessWire on that server? Are you able to install modules just fine?

Edited by kongondo
corrected link
  • Like 5