bootstrap another pw 3 installation, Compile Error: Cannot redeclare class ProcessWire\ProcessWire

hheyne

Hello, I have two Processwire installations which should share an entire part (a collection of plants). Now I tried to include the installation with all the content (plants) (site1) into the other installation (site2). This gives me the error:

Compile Error: Cannot redeclare class ProcessWire\ProcessWire (line 696 of /var/www/virtual/site2/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/var/www/virtual/site1/wire/core/ProcessWire.php)

Is there a trick, a hint what I have to do? Must I do something with the namespaces? Is there something to do in the config.php?

In site1 I use PW 3.0.11 and in site2 I use PW 3.0.12.

Thanks again for the quick answer. I tried it and nothing happened. Then I downgraded PW to 2.7.2. After the downgrade it works with PW 2.7.2. I will try tomorrow to upgrade the system to 3.0.12 again. Maybe it works this way.

I upgraded the system to 3.0.12. And voilá ... it works. But I'm afraid that my mind is blocked ... is there a possibility to fetch data from the other multisite installation via $this->wire->something? I need to work with a huge catalog which belongs to one of the both multisites.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know you need to either use Ryan Web-Service module or roll your own API to pull data..

Or wait a little for Multi-Instance support to be fully ready, I've got no clue when this will be, but it's mentioned in some posts about PW3, so probably in a few weeks?!

Then you can use PW's own API from Site1 on Site2 and vice versa to share/manage data..