Sign in to follow this  
steveooo

Moving pages in tree: A bug or a feature?

Hello,

I am using a media manager based on pages (1 file = 1 page). I would like to move the dummy file page "Dateityp" to the page folder "Jo!". In PW, I can move this file outside the current folder and into a folder, when there is at least one other file in it.

I would like to have the feature of dragging a page onto another page (because my media manager does not really have folders, they are all pages) to be inside this dragged-on page. I think PW does not implement this because of some possible issues if the "Family" for these templates/pages isn't configured right (e.g. does not allow children).

A ugly workaround is going to settings of this page and changing the "Parent". This works, but is not nice UX...

tree.png

I hope anyone can help me with that. Is this a bug or a feature?

I agree it's not optimal either, but the best way to do this is to click on "Jo" to highlight it before dragging "Dateityp" under it. Think of it as expanding the tree below "Jo". Even though it has no children yet, you have to "open" them before you can put one in. It makes a lot of sense but I agree it's not the most intuitive experience. With Ryan adding long-click actions now, I think this would be a use case worth considering. I. e., dragging and holding a page on top of another page for one second could make it expand.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benbyf
      One of my clients found a bug when viewing the PW admin on chrome using windows - the admin tab nav doesn't appear, they could only see the tool icon either though they were a superadmin user. When viewed on Edge the tabs where present. The site is running on PW 3.0.62 with the default admin.
      I was screen sharing with my client when we found the bug, I don't actually have anyway to test this and see what's wrong myself as I dont run windows and dont currently have a cross broswer testing suite. Could someone please look into it briefly?
    • By dreerr
      In PW 3.0.80 I've experienced a bug when using multiple Page Ref fields. The Select button keeps fading in and out again. I've made a video to illustrate the problem. Any ideas how to solve this?
      video showing the error: PageRefError.mov
      greetings, d.
    • By theoretic
      Hi everyone! And thanks again for a perfect product.
      It appears there's a small bug in the implementation of fieldset. If we rename a field of type FieldsetTabOpen, the auto-created field of type FieldsetTabClose won't auto-rename. E.g. if we create a fieldset called "noises", two fields will be created -- "noise" (type: FieldsetTabOpen) and "noise_END" (type: FieldsetTabClose). And when we later rename the field "noise" to "acoustics", the field "noise_END" still keeps its name. The auto-generated field description will also remain unchanged.
      This is only a minor bug, but removing it could make the Processwire even better. Thanks in advance!
    • By awesomolocity
      Alright. So I'm converting a site I already have to Processwire (really enjoying it so far!). I wanted to convert the previous tables that I had data in to Processwire pages. But I'm wondering what the optimal way to structure pages would be.

So basically, I have three main tables.
      Users (and all accompanying information)
      Items (and all accompanying information)
      Aquariums (each user only has 1 aquarium. Currently, user_id is a FK)
      Fish (type of item. Aquariums may have multiple fish)
      Aqua_settings (Things like lightness, temperature, etc)

So in my current setup, there are a lot of Foreign Keys. I could accomplish essentially the same thing by using the Page Reference field.
      Alternatively, I could make fish and aqua_settings both be children of Aquarium. I could differentiate by doing $aquarium->children('template=aqua_settings'); or something.

So my question is...should I be using the Page Reference field or structuring the pages as children? (Or are both equally fine depending on how I want to go about doing things)
    • By tonicastillo
      Hi
      I need to change home page of my one page site. Not only the template, but also content.
      Actually page tree is like this:
      Actual home New home I would like to move "New home" to root, and delete "Actual home". I thank this would be easy to do, but I don't know how. Two templates allows to have children.
      Thanks a lot, (and excuse my english)
      I love PW!
      Toni Castillo