Moving pages in tree: A bug or a feature?

steveooo

Hello,

I am using a media manager based on pages (1 file = 1 page). I would like to move the dummy file page "Dateityp" to the page folder "Jo!". In PW, I can move this file outside the current folder and into a folder, when there is at least one other file in it.

I would like to have the feature of dragging a page onto another page (because my media manager does not really have folders, they are all pages) to be inside this dragged-on page. I think PW does not implement this because of some possible issues if the "Family" for these templates/pages isn't configured right (e.g. does not allow children).

A ugly workaround is going to settings of this page and changing the "Parent". This works, but is not nice UX...

tree.png

I hope anyone can help me with that. Is this a bug or a feature?

I agree it's not optimal either, but the best way to do this is to click on "Jo" to highlight it before dragging "Dateityp" under it. Think of it as expanding the tree below "Jo". Even though it has no children yet, you have to "open" them before you can put one in. It makes a lot of sense but I agree it's not the most intuitive experience. With Ryan adding long-click actions now, I think this would be a use case worth considering. I. e., dragging and holding a page on top of another page for one second could make it expand.

• Like 4