Roadmap: built-in support for forms

yellowled

I am sorry for having to ask this. I know developers hate to be bugged about a schedule for new features. Sorry. :-)

The roadmap lists built-in support for forms for PW 2.3 which is scheduled for May. I have a project coming up which is due at the end of June, and I'd very much like to use PW for it. However, it will require a few forms – nothing too fancy, probably just some formmailer stuff.

Will PW 2.3 definitely have built-in support for forms? Is there a rough estimate as to when it might be released?

Then again, I could as well go with PW 2.2, use any external formmailer and switch to the built-in form processor later. Which raises the question how easy it's going to be to make that switch.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't stumble across that with my previous forum searches.

I'll very likely only need forms submitted via email for the time being. The site will likely have a standard contact form plus another one with some extra fields which is basically an extended contact form. Nothing fancy. I also don't need a form builder, I'm comfortable building the form's HTML myself. I'm just not a PHP coder myself, so writing the script to process the form myself is not an option. But any formmail script out there should suffice, I would just prefer a built-in solution. :-)

yellowled,

I've updated the gist to show how to put the form into a contact.php template file. If you need to make the recipient email settable via PW, just add an email field to your contact template and use the PW api to put that into the recipient email address in contact.php.