Module: MediaLibrary

( Sorry again @kongondo, you're right I'll be more careful in the future )

So, Some time, I do not understand why, the modulo deletes some images.

I notice when a user enters these pages and in the backend appears the 404 error, I go to check inside the media library page and in fact the images inside the media manager are gone.

Someone knows why and what can I do?

On 7/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, MarcoPLY said:

Someone knows why and what can I do?

Sorry, I missed this question. I hope this has meanwhile been solved. This looks more like a generic ProcessWire issue, since the upload uses core functionality and the symptoms sound familiar from regular image upload (memory issues or PHP limits).

Status update: Release 0.1.3

I finally managed to implement hiding libraries from the page tree as requested in the issue tracker. This can be enabled in the module configuration and optionally extended to superuser. Deletion of libraries is now possible through the Media admin page.

• Like 1

Thank you @BitPoet, the problem still unsolved. The images are loaded inside the folder, I checked via ftp. But after a few hours/day they are deleted. This only happens in a folders with lots of images inside, if I create a new one and reload the images this problem is solved. There are no notice about the memory issues, could it always be this?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

after installing the modul MEDIA LIBRARY, i get this Messeage when i click on the button Media:

Schwerwiegender Fehler: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ProcessWire\_() in /site/modules/MediaLibrary/ProcessMediaLibraries.module:51
Stack trace:

#0 /wire/core/ProcessController.php(337): ProcessWire\ProcessMediaLibraries->execute()
#1 /wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessController->___execute()
#2 /wire/core/WireHooks.php(813): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
#3 /wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessController), 'execute', Array)
#4 /wire/core/admin.php(150): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
#5 /wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeUikit/controller.php(15): require('/volume1/Projek...')
#6 /site/templates/admin.php(15): require('/volume1/Proj (Zeile 51 in /site/modules/MediaLibrary/ProcessMediaLibraries.module)

Can anyone help me?
Thanks, Detlef

5 hours ago, felted said:

Can anyone help me?

Looks like the plain _() translation method is not available anymore for some reason (perhaps something to do with the changes in the function API that I didn't catch). Could you try out the version at this link and let me know whether that fixes it for you?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, felted said:

Now it runs.
Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback. I have merged the change into the main branch, so once 0.1.4 hits the module repository (should be within the next 24 hours) it will be fixed the official package too.

• Like 2

Next Feedback ?

After hit the button Delete library i get this error:

Error

Call to undefined function _(), did you mean processwire\_n()? fix it► search►
File: .../ProcessMediaLibraries.module:133

123:                $frm->append($hidden);
124:                
125:                $hidden = $this->modules->get("InputfieldHidden");
126:                $hidden->attr('name', 'modal');
127:                $hidden->attr('value', 1);
128:                $frm->append($hidden);
129:                
130:                $f = $this->modules->get("InputfieldMarkup");
131:                $f->attr('id+name', 'trash_msg');
132:                $f->label = $this->_("Procceed?");
133:                $f->attr('value', sprintf(_("Really move library <strong>%s / %s</strong> into the trash bin?"), implode(' / ', $page->parents->explode('title')), $title));
134:                $f->description = sprintf(_("Library contains %d images and %d files"), $page->media_images, $page->media_files);
135:                $f->notes = $this->_("Any files/images contained in this library will be deleted.");
136:                $frm->append($f);

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, eydun said:

It would be good to be able to upload svg-files as Media Images.

Media Library uses pW image fields behind the scene. So in Setup->Fields you can search for the field which has the label 'MediaImages'. In the field settings, you can add 'svg' to the allowed file types. That should do the trick.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
On 1/15/2023 at 1:27 PM, eydun said:

When adding a new "MediaLibrary"-page from the "Media Library Overview"-page, then it does not respect the "Allow templates for parent(s)"-setting in the template under the "Family"-tab.

Thanks for the feedback. An unfortunate side effect of InputfieldPageListSelect is that it doesn't have an easy way to disable individual items in the tree for selection, and checking after the data is submitted feels a bit clunky. I'll try to find a hopefully intuitive way to add the check, but it may take a little while.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On 1/17/2023 at 4:24 AM, BitPoet said:

Thanks for the feedback. An unfortunate side effect of InputfieldPageListSelect is that it doesn't have an easy way to disable individual items in the tree for selection, and checking after the data is submitted feels a bit clunky. I'll try to find a hopefully intuitive way to add the check, but it may take a little while.

See this...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...