Question from my marketing person

Esther

Hi - I am not a developer or have any understanding of computer programming.  I do have a site built on PW.  The person who built my site is busy atm, and I cannot get through to him.  Another person who is doing my marketing is setting up a landing page for me and has asked me this question:

Does your site support html?

I'm not sure what the correct answer is.  If someone could give me a yes or a no, that would be great.

Thank you and appreciate it :)

Hi Esther and welcome.

Unfortunately that is a pretty vague question. The content of every website is output as HTML.

Are they designing your landing page, or coding it in HTML?

If we can get some more details we can provide a more accurate answer. But, the short answer is yes!

• Like 1

Thanks!  

they are designing a landing page, probably in unbounce - I am presuming they are coding it in html (?)

I will get more details 

Thank you so much for your help 

Kind regards 

Belinda

So I got some clarification from the marketing person and he asked this:

"We need to determine if your site will support loading html pages or if we need to use a tool like Unbounce to host them."?

If anyone can advise what I need to tell them, that would be great 

Thanks Esther

ProcessWire doesn't dictate any of the frontend code at all - you can write whatever HTML, CSS, and Javascript you want and simply add in the content from the PW database wherever you need. So, the answer is definitely yes, but you still may want to take the content from the landing page and make that editable by the Processwire backend, although this certainly isn't necessary.

If it's the homepage of the site, then you will be putting the HTML they provide into: /site/templates/home.php - if there is no need for any php or calls for field data from the PW database, you can leave off the opening php tag completely.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

In the case of my normal web guy not being available, is there anyone  on this forum who will be able to load the html landing page for my marketing guy?  He feels there is a need to use a 3rd party (unbounce) to run these pages.  He is based in LA, but anyone in the USA who can assist would be great. 

I am also looking for another couple of websites to be built throughout the year, so a really good PW person to get to know would be great.

Thanks for any assistance

Hi Esther,

I have just been acquainting myself with Unbounce. It doesn't look like they offer a way to export their pages as HTML (https://community.unbounce.com/unbounce/topics/can_i_put_the_html_from_unbounce_onto_my_website). Sure you could view source, or use a browser downloader so that it grabs all javascript and css files as well, but it will be a but fiddly. It sounds like the correct way to go is to use CNAME records to handle serving of your landing pages that are hosted on the unbounce servers so they appear as part of your site. I'd still need to do a little more research to figure out exactly what is needed and what the options are, but it might be best to just go with what they recommend. Do you know what approach your web guy normally uses when hosting/serving unbounce pages.