better en-/decoding function needed for url parameters

gunter

I am writing a module and want pass a parameter by the url parameter to an "___executeSomething" method,

how can I encode and decode something to pass it in the url?
The data contains slashes (it´s a path), so I tried urlencode() and base64_decode() but this seems not to work,

because somehow the browser seems to decode it by itself..
with urlencode() comes a 404 path not found error...
with base64_decode() comes just a blank screen...

so what shall I do?

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you can use $this->input->urlSegment1 (2, 3, and so on). within your ___execute* method. I don't think you'd have to worry about any encoding or decoding.

I know how to pass data to my process module function, $text=wire("input")->urlSegment2 works wonderfully...

But my data that I want to pass to my function something like this: "/fullpage3/site/templates/scripts/jquery-2.2.0.js"
So.. I just can say you.. an url like this does not work... the url parameter cannot have slashes...
As I already mentioned, I wanted encode it, but this did not work with the functions I mentioned...

What worked was this: str_replace('/', '---', $weblink) but that looks silly.....

Ok, Lostkobrakai, GET parameter did work...

but I can use it only with
echo ($_GET["link"]);

and not with
echo $input->get['link']; //this does not work...

ah... :-) Forget to do it like that, I think this should work, thanks Martijn!
But I found a solution to do it the way I wanted, in an encoded parameter,

it looks a little bit complicated, but it works, I found it at the php documentation at base64_encode at the comments:

"Php version of perl's MIME::Base64::URLSafe, that provides an url-safe base64 string encoding/decoding (compatible with python base64's urlsafe methods)"

//we are here in a module: public function ___execute()

$weblink=	"this is the url parameter I want pass! with/my/filepath/file.css";

$weblink = base64_encode($weblink);
	$weblink = str_replace(array('+','/','='),array('-','_',''),$weblink);
	$link="<a href='./something/".  $weblink."''>open detail</a>";
	public function ___executeSomething() {

$this->headline('This is something!'); 
	$this->breadcrumb('../', 'Hello'); 

$url_parameter=wire("input")->urlSegment2;

$url_parameter = str_replace(array('-','_'),array('+','/'),$url_parameter);
	$mod4 = strlen($url_parameter) % 4;
	if ($mod4) {
	    $url_parameter .= substr('====', $mod4);
	}
	$url_parameter=base64_decode($url_parameter);

$out = 	"
	<h2>".$url_parameter."</h2>";	
}

What's your use-case for passing a path to jQuery like that, or was it a made up example? base64 enc/de-coding shouldn't be necessary if you're using the get parameters. It might be easier to just pass in the script name "jquery-2.2.0.js" and use $config to build the URLs to the file, though.

• Like 1

I wrote a module that scans the template subfolders for javascript and css files and displays them in a list.
Each line has an "open detail" link, when you click it, the path and file gets passed to the sub function (the __executeSomething)....

The module sub function displays then the proper code and path.... to the files: (the names of the files are examples)

<script src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>scripts/jquery-2.2.0.js"></script>
or
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>styles/jquery.bxslider.css" />

I found it like this better than to do this by hand... :-)
I am trying to get confident with modules, I never used GET parameters but it´s a good idea, thanks... I thought using the url parameter is the way to do this ;-)