Urgent, WILL PAY: Help debugging Image fields

Ovi_S

WOW, that was it, suhosin was the culprit. I recompiled Apache with the same exact settings as last time except I removed suhosin. 

Everything just works now (just like the Processwire I know and love)

:frantics:  :frantics:  :frantics:

Image uploads now work even while using the deprecated CropImage module on an 2.7 install (upgraded from 2.3), inside a repeater, which was previously simply unthinkable. (not using this in production, just doing an upgrade on an old site and thought to check).

The server is even a lot more responsive,  the time to first byte decreased from 2-3 seconds to 0.6 seconds, and that was another problem I was trying to solve.

Suhosin is now officially a plague upon humanity as far as I am concerned, I can't believe I didn't know about its effects.

Thanks so, so, much Ryan and everyone else who helped! So happy I could dance right now  :biggrin:

Now, about that payment?  :-)

These permissions are usually considered to be far too open. It's certainly possible suhosin is having a problem with this. Though since you are on a dedicated VPS, maybe it doesn't matter much for your situation, but perhaps it does to Suhosin. Since you are using suphp, you can actually lock those permissions down quite far... the files likely don't even need to be readable outside of the user account. Whereas, your current permissions have them globally readable and writable to everyone (even if everyone is just you, since it's a dedicated environment, it's still likely to trip security-related things like Suhosin). 

I normally run much tighter permissions, that website is not a live one, I just used it to try and debug the issue. It had those permissions left over form when I had a different PHP handler that required them and I left them like that to try an rule out any permissions issues. The suhosin issue was happening even on 640 permissions. 

• Like 6

@Ovi_S,

Could you please mark your other two threads solved, thanks.

Done, I linked to this thread on both of them.

Maybe also decide which of your three forum handles you want to keep  :P 

Weird how I got to that. Forgot I had signed up with Facebook the first time and couldn't get into the account, so I guess I created another one. And the third one is using the company email - it's the one on which I bought all the paid modules - I have my licenses linked to it.

Obviously I want to keep the last one but won't be posting on it (except on the VIP support section which only it has access to).

I will go back to only posting from my original account.

As for the second one (the one used to create this thread) - is it ok to delete it?

Edited by Ovi_S