anybody using Windows 10 for local web development?

adrianmak

I'm using vagrant+virtualbox on Windows 10 for local web development

I found that windows 10 microsoft Edge browser, could not able to access local vagrant vm box.

I put a ip host mapping in windows hosts file

I could ping the hostname and return the vm box ip address

I could access the website under vm box with firefox, chrome, ms internet explore, but ms edge browser

Why Vagrant AND Virtualbox? Why not something simpler like WAMP server?

I no longer use Windows, err, I did, years ago, and relied on WAMP server for development.

Regarding your issue with MS Edge browser, it seems like a security protocol of the MS browser to me. I've heard of this before. MS won't let it connect.

Why Vagrant AND Virtualbox? Why not something simpler like WAMP server? I no longer use Windows, err, I did, years ago, and relied on WAMP server for development.

Vagrant and Virtualbox on windows would make sense: using both windows and linux on your laptop on the same boot partition and sharing files on a second data partition. For example, you would have the ease of windows and

the sudo and ssh command line of linux.

• Like 2

@adrianmak, Edge is known to be a bit picky with loopback connections. While 127.0.0.1 has been fixed when Spartan was renamed to Edge, other IP addresses bound to the loopback driver still can make problems. One of these two changes usually works:

1. Open a DOS box (best use "run as administrator") and type "CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
  2. Or: go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Sites and uncheck the option "include all local (intranet) sites not listed in other zones"