So no new ProcessWire 3 update this week?

steveooo

Hi tpr!

I use it and try finding bugs :)

The thing is: I am starting und create a complex default template for some projects and it would be uncool if some major bugs the projects of my clients.

The biggest issue would be that I am creating a lot of fields and templates for this default template and if e.g. the database changes, I would have to start over again or must check what changed and how I can fix it...

When you have an update between ProcessWire versions, be it 2.x or 3.x there are not usually changes like database changes that affect normal pages.

What I will say after running into an error that had no message whatsoever last night with PW3.x is that if you're worried about it, don't use it yet. In my case I switched the /wire folder and index.PHP file back to 2.7.x and carried on with other ways of doing what I was trying to do. I simply didn't have the time on the project I'm working on to troubleshoot.

As a general rule, if you're relying on things working perfectly and have limited time then only use final versions of any software. If you have a bit of time to work some issues out and want to use the latest then feel free to use 2.7 dev or 3.x dev (though 2.7 dev is going to be more reliable at the moment because less has changed overall in the core code than 3.x).

EDIT: I will try and work out that blank error bug I had last night, but once client work is finished. I enjoy resolving issues, just can't spare the time sometimes when deadlines are looming.

• Like 2