anyone tried laravel blade template on pw's project ?

adrianmak

There are a few "standalone" packages on Packagist.org but they all have a few Illuminate components requirements, which themselves have a few too. Looks like Blade is only really intended to be called from within Laravel itself..

I'm sure I read somehwere that Blade could easily be used outside of the Laravel scope. Never really tried it, though, because I'm a Twig fan.

• Like 1

It sure can be, look at philo/laravel-blade (30K downs) or duncan3dc/blade (26K downs). But there are (quite a few) requirements to run those packages though, and if you're ok dealing with external dependencies that might go without a head dev anytime, suit yourself. Not that I think Laravel is going to die anytime soon, but those projects — not so sure. I've been burned enough times on forks to have learned that lesson.

I'd rather stick with twig/twig (14.6M downs) which has literally no dependencies, though personally I'm more of a "PHP's already a good at templating and I don't want to learn yet another template engine syntax" kind of guy, though I see how they are nice to use in their "native" environment, where their value seems higher to me. /r

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I haven't tested this yet, but I think we should be using the View component (along with Blade, included) so that we're up to date with the features. The actual implementation by Matt relies on 5.1 components, but I doubt much has changed in terms of setting things up - should be easy enough, if anyone is interested. (I would, but no time.)

https://github.com/mattstauffer/Torch/tree/master/components/view

Nevermind: I see the third-party packages are importing Blade directly.