MarkupCookieConsent

Can

Maybe some javascript messages could work or you add a query string like ?comment=success which shows the message?

nice addition, I'll look into it as soon as possible ;)

Good to have the option to limit the cookie consent to a special path/ tree. But in this case the banner shouldn't be shown for pages not residing under this tree.
It would also be nice to store the page id and not the path, to stay multilanguage compatible and to avoid problems if the page name has been changed. A page-field (instead of text) would be the simplest solution here.

@kixe, think I need your help. I'm standing on the hose about your suggestions..

I replace the "cookie path" config input with an page select like used on "privacy page" right?
Then I'm getting an id. But I can't use that id as $path in setcookie or am I missing something?
So I would then find the page by this id, and store the page path?
But then how to be "multilanguage compatible"?

Edited by Can

• 3 weeks later...

@Can

Sorry if I didn't speak clearly. I was talking about the banner, not the cookie itself. I don't need an option to modify the path of the consent cookie itself, so I would hardcode it to '/'. (To stay complete leave it as is.)

Much more interesting is to limit the display of the banner to a selectable page tree. Therefore an additional pagefield in the config could be useful. Lets call it pageTree.
You just need to add one line at the beginning of the renderCookieForm()  function.

if($page->id != $this->pageTree && $page->parents->has(wire('pages')->get($this->pageTree)) == false) return;

An additional checkbox to include or exclude the parent page would complete this option.

• Like 1

Perhaps this new config field could be a Selector field ... :rolleyes:

//in MarkupCookieConsentConfig

array(
                        'type' => 'Selector',
                        'name' => 'pageSelector',
                        'label' => __('Banner display limit'),
                        'description' => __('Define selectors, which limits the display of the banner to selected pages.'),
                        'columnWidth' => 100
                    )

// in function renderCookieForm()
    // we stop here when on admin pages except this modules config page (for demonstration) or out of pageSelector
        if(($page->template != 'admin' && wire('pages')->find($this->pageSelector)->has($page) == false) || ($page->template == 'admin' && $this->wire('input')->get->name != $this)) return;

• Like 1

Finally pushed version 0.3.0

which includes your code snippets @kixe thanks for that and a button to remove the cookie for easier development..

Please tell me if all is clear, especially about the new selector, I added a little note on how to include tree parent using just the selector inputfield..
Let me know how you guys like it.

Should I still keep both branches? master for legacy (without namespace) and devns for namespace?

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I'm using the current version of MarkupCookieConsent on PW 3.0.62, but it doesn't seem to work anymore (used to work fine a while ago). No error message whatsoever is displayed, but still no cookie is set (checked it in browser as well as on module's config page). The consent message isn't displayed either. I've already deleted/reinstalled the module two times.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

@ngrmm just bumped the version to 0.3.2 including a little fix so it show up again, please let me know if it works :) 

@CalleRosa40 Just checked on pw 2.8.62 and 3.0.62, cookies are created as expected..have you checked console in dev tools? it should show something..and it could be interesting to check network tab in dev tools, too, to see if it actually sends the ajax request

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Does anyone have problems with the ProCache module? What happens is ProCache ignores the user choice when pressing the button "I have accept etc" and keeps popping up in every other page and in the page reload itself. I have asked on the ProCache forum and they redirect me here

Thanks for any help!

• 4 months later...

Hi. Nice module, seems to work pretty well.

A few suggestions about configuring/customising. I like to keep my css files to a minimum, so I'd like to move the styles to my site css file (rather than inserting it after the first <link>). But when I untick the 'inject modules stylesheet?' option, it removes classes from the markup and hides the top/bottom, dark/light options. How about keeping these options available and just letting the user know that the css must then be manually added to a stylesheet?
I've done modified my installation to do that and it works well.

Also, when I've changed the class prefix in the config file, I had to still manually change one class:
I changed Line 104 of the module.php file from

$cookieConsentForm .= "<p class='mCCF__message'>";

to 

$cookieConsentForm .= "<p class='{$classPrefix}__message'>";

You may want to update that. Thanks again for the module.

hey guys I'm sorry for being away for such a long time and am unfortunate to say that I'm not able to maintain any of my modules at the moment
as I'm not doing any php / pw at the moment myself and don't have a working php/mysql environment locally right now to do anything "quickly"

but I would be open and happy if someone else wants to take over any of my processwire modules, by any way, for example by transferring the repo to a new home to have it redirect old links, or you could just upload yourself and i'll include a message in my repo readme and here in the thread

@strandoo maybe you are interested in taking over? than you could easily include your suggestions which sound good :) or just publish yourself and I'll link yours (just a thought, no pressure of cause!)

greets

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just added this module (on ProcessWire 2.8.62), but somehow it ony shows up on the config page of the module.

I can't get it display at the front-end. Is there anything else then installing it?

Hope someone can help me on this.

Regards
Bacelo

• 4 weeks later...

I had a play with this last night ahead of the GDPR coming into effect and all looked good, except…

It appends the cookie to all forms on the site, so for example I have a Mailchimp sign up form and a contact form, they both get the cookie message appended, as well as at the bottom of the page. Is there a quick fix for this in the backend without having to dig into the templates/css?

The banner is always displayed at the bottom of the page. You can limit the appearance to certain pages via module settings. e. g.

1264856490_Bildschirmfoto2018-05-18um19_48_30.thumb.jpg.85ad6cc8befeb6e2edd6b97a1bc55bc7.jpg

Do you use iframes for your forms? If yes, each iframe has its own body tag. The banner is prepended to each closing body tag. Disable the banner by module settings (using selectors) for the framed pages.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:13 PM, Pete said:

I'm having similar issues to @palacios000 - it seems that ProCache sometimes messes with this. Seems fine on desktop at the moment but can't make the cookie stick on mobile?

At the end I used the cookie script from Iubenda... It works well and the client pays for it anyway!

@Can first off; thanks for the awesome module, as Simon mentioned a few comments back, with the GDPR up and running now, it's been a great help in setting up cookies across multiple websites ? cheers!

I have one specific question though – perhaps I'm not looking hard enough – but I have some domains set to internal forwarding. So these URLs will show the exact same at referdomain.com as on maindomain.com. But, as the cookieDomain field is set to maindomain.com, it keeps showing up on referdomain.com even after you accept. Is there a way to make an Array (or add multiple domains ins some other way), so all the referral domains are included for the cookieDomain? Or should I be looking in a different direction to fix this?

Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this!

For security reasons, a cookie can not be set for a different domain. There may be ways to trigger this, but this could open security holes. The cookie set by this module also applies to subdomains.

@kixe thanks for the reply! Makes sense – I hadn't really thought about security holes before.

Do you have any idea how I could go about doing this? I guess I can't really set a Cookie for a URL that's forwarding right...if it was a hard redirect there wouldn't even be an issue. But as the URL will remain, I guess the Cookie-pop-up will stay put then, as it's actually asking to set a cookie for a different 'domain' (url) :s If anyone has tips...I would be very grateful.

Set up a page which just return the cookie banner, put it in an iframe and add it to the other sites. You would have to change (loosen) the x-frame options in your .htaccess file of the framed page to get this work. All-in-all not the best solution.

• 4 months later...

Hi, 

and thank you for the plugin. I have just tested it and I have a few questions.

1. There seems to be an option to show a link to privacy policy. However, the link is not shown, only text and the button.

2. I've read that upcoming laws will require the website to set no cookies until the user accepts cookies in the banner. However, a wire cookie is set either way.