adrian

Tracy Debugger

In my case, it doesn't help. I was playing with this when I was developing ProcessFileEdit but haven't found a proper solution. Then support for UTF8 for windows was added I think in 7.0 or 7.1 and then I stopped bothering.

7 hours ago, adrian said:

@szabesz - I haven't seen any of these issues. Is it browser specific, or any chance the scrollbar issue could be related to this: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13389-adminonsteroids/?do=findComment&comment=179123 or something else in AOS?

I disabled AOS and it did not make any difference, the tracyHidden class gets applied to <body> when I click the arrow icon to minify the debug bur. Regarding scrollbar issue, it happens in both Firefox and Safari too. Chrome and Firefox are the latest. The tiny svg icon issue is a bit browser specific, as it does not happen in Firefox, but does happen in both Safari and Chrome.

The hidden class issue emerged when I updated Tracy yesterday. I cannot see any connection to AOS, but I could not spend time on debugging.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, szabesz said:

The hidden class issue emerged when I updated Tracy yesterday. I cannot see any connection to AOS, but I could not spend time on debugging.

I have just remembered that yesterday – beside updating Tracy – I also enabled the "Hide debugbar by default" in an attempt to workaround the scrollbar issue, so that the debugbar on the right does not get in the way by default. I have just gone to the settings and turned off "Hide debugbar by default" and it partially solved the problem. With this setting, if I click the arrow to minimze the debugbar, tracyHidden class still gets applied to <body> but upon page reload it does not, so at least it is not "sticky" and I can see the admin.

Edited by szabesz
typos

Thanks for the extra details @szabesz - unfortunately I still can't reproduce. Could you please try deleting your browser LocalStorage - maybe that is affecting the position under the scrollbar. Could you also send me your Tracy settings. You can use my ModuleSettingsImportExport module to make that easy.

Regarding the SVG icon issue - does this occur both backend and frontend? Just wondering if maybe there is some frontend css (or custom backend css for that matter) that might be interfering.

@tpr and @matjazp - I just converted one of my ProcessWire log files to Windows 1252 and I still had no problems with the panel - it was successfully json encoded and saved to the wireCache. I'm not sure how to proceed from here - any thoughts?

4 hours ago, adrian said:

I'm not sure how to proceed from here - any thoughts?

Leave it. Let the user fix it. While I was able to make it work in a terminal, conversion is unreliable.

Screenshot 2019-03-25 06.34.17_cr.jpg

Screenshot 2019-03-25 06.19.08_cr.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adrian said:

Thanks for the extra details @szabesz - unfortunately I still can't reproduce. Could you please try deleting your browser LocalStorage - maybe that is affecting the position under the scrollbar. Could you also send me your Tracy settings. You can use my ModuleSettingsImportExport module to make that easy.

Regarding the SVG icon issue - does this occur both backend and frontend? Just wondering if maybe there is some frontend css (or custom backend css for that matter) that might be interfering.

Cleaning all local data storage features of the browser nor incognito mode did not make a difference either, all issues remain. I have no browser extensions installed, btw.

I tested the scrollbar and the tiny icon issues on a clean and "latest" PW (last week's 3.0.127) and they are still there in Chrome, so these do not seem to be site specific. I can send you the whole site zipped up if you need it.

See them in action:

tracy-n-hide-icon-fix.gif.2b4a9ad9c3840cbea62b66978bb460ae.gif

tracy-n-scrollbar.gif.b858a6851d0399c21a3a557310979014.gif

The scrollbar issue is kinda random. In the screen-grab it happens right after reload but not afterwards, but during my daily work I could not notice any pattern, most of the time the scrollbar gets in the way.

However, the tracyHidden issue is indeed site specific so it does not happen on the clean install. I will need to spend more time on debugging this one.

Oh, and the Tracy setting generated by your module:  (from both clean and problematic sites)

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Heads up. If you run ProcessWire with TracyDebugger inside Devilbox you need to make sure you have Output Mode set to DEVELOPMENT, otherwise you will not see the Debug Bar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happywire said:

Heads up. If you run ProcessWire with TracyDebugger inside Devilbox you need to make sure you have Output Mode set to DEVELOPMENT, otherwise you will not see the Debug Bar.

Or you can force development mode for superusers. 

I guess Devilbox is preventing DETECT mode from determining whether you're on localhost or not.

• Like 1

@szabesz - thanks for those files - the svg size and hiding of body problems are coming from the server type indicator feature - specifically the "Custom - control with CSS" option. I'll try to fix shortly. Not sure about the bar being under the scrollbar - I still don't see that, but at least the other problems are figured out 🙂

• Like 1

Hey @szabesz - turns out the svg icon issue was actually related to not having the fixed debug bar position option checked. I decided to remove this an optional, because the draggable version had other problems as well. I think this might also fix your issue with the scrollbar being on top of the debug bar as well.

The hiding of the body when hiding the debug bar was related to the custom server type indicator. I have fixed this, although this means that now the indicator won't be hidden when the bar is hidden, but hopefully that is ok.

One observation about your Tracy settings - you didn't have the db() and bdb() shortcuts checked - you may want those.

Also, I have deleted your settings attachment in your previous post because it includes your email address 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, adrian said:

I have fixed this, although this means that now the indicator won't be hidden when the bar is hidden, but hopefully that is ok.

Thank you! I myself actually like the idea that the custom indicator is always visible.

2 hours ago, adrian said:

you didn't have the db() and bdb() shortcuts checked - you may want those

Thanks for reminding me. Strange but I've never had the need of them, bd() and d() have just been enough. Maybe it is because I tend to prefer very targeted checks.

Edited by szabesz
typos
  • Like 1

Just now, szabesz said:

I myself actually like the idea that the custom indicator is always visible.

Don't forget to check out the newish Favicon badge option if you haven't already - I find it very useful.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting such errors increasingly with Tracy:
Filename doesn't exist: /home/foocom/www/dev.mysite/site/assets/cache/TracyDebugger/offer-index-dev.php on line: 135 in /home/foocom/www/dev.mysite/wire/core/TemplateFile.php

I then have to manually copy over my dev tpl to the Tracy cache folder. Is this a bug?

@dragan - are you using the "User Dev Templates" feature, or the User Bar's "Page Versions" feature?

I have defined an alternative tpl in the tpl settings, and I then use the Template Path panel in Tracy, where it says: 

Temporarily use a template file with a suffix. eg. project-dev.php.  
Select an alternate from the list. Create the file in your templates directory first

(the three orange cubes icon)

I can't seem to reproduce any issues here with the Template Path panel. I actually don't understand why it's looking for a file at the root of /site/assets/cache/TracyDebugger/ - I don't think it should be.

I have a feeling you might have a combination of Tracy features / settings that is resulting in this, but not sure what. Would you mind PM'ing me your settings in JSON format. Maybe also an export of your template settings as well.

Posted (edited)

tracy-cache-twice.PNG.a7e7e5116724763901dce56882886bd5.PNG

^ does this look normal to you? I see the same dev-template twice o_O

37 minutes ago, adrian said:

Would you mind PM'ing me your settings in JSON format. Maybe also an export of your template settings as well.

Sure, but I have no idea how to find / generate JSON settings. Is that done from within Tracy?  Or Tracy's module config @ module/edit?name=TracyDebugger&collapse_info=1 ?

Template settings: I assume the JSON export from backend/setup/template/export/ ?

Edited by dragan
added screenshot

1 hour ago, dragan said:

^ does this look normal to you? I see the same dev-template twice o_O

The version under the Tracy cache is the backed up copy created when you use the File Editor panel. That is expected.

That is partly why the File Editor now has a default setting to exclude /site/assets

My concern is why the error you are seeing is looking for files under: /site/assets/cache/TracyDebugger/offer-index-dev.php rather than /site/assets/cache/TracyDebugger/site/templates/offer-index-dev.php

Hi adrian,

First of all, thanks for the module, great job. 🙂

A few days ago, my hosting provider sent me an email:

'/home/zzz/public_html/site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/Terminal/shell.php' # Known exploit = [Fingerprint Match]

Could you please give me some advice, what should I do?

They will disable the whole site if I won't solve this problem.. But the module is so useful, I don't want to remove.

Thanks,
Tamas

Hi @tthom_pw - that file is not necessary for most of Tracy's functionality so you could certainly just delete it, but I would like to understand why they are actually concerned about it. As I mentioned to @bernhard above, it's impossible to run that shell.php file outside the PW admin and without superuser permissions. It is blocked by PW's htaccess rules.

Also, unless I am missing something, it's no more dangerous than Ryan's HannaCode module in terms of what it can run - Hanna lets you shell_exec() which is what this file uses to run system commands.

That said, if it's going to be a red flag for some hosting providers, I can move the file out of Tracy and make it a separate module that if installed will integrate with Tracy.

Could you please follow up with your host and explain how it is protected from direct access etc and see what they say?

@tthom_pwThis report is most likely coming from ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (cxs). You can ask your hosting provider if he is willing to exclude this file from scanning. I'm not familiar with how scanner work but most likely it's searching for strings exec, shell, shell_exec etc. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

thanks for all.

@matjazp : yes, CXS..

Unfortunately, it's an automatic virus scan and I don't hope, they will be flexible. From hosting provider side, it's a risk, there is a code match and won't check what are in those files, it's more easier to say, we don't care, solve this. 🙂

And, actually, they are hosting thousands of websites and I think, it's not expected to verify every single virus alert and debug files.

For example AutoSmush exe binaries. How knows, what are those doing? 🙂

Yes, I can tell them, those files aren't accessible from outside, but, they can tell, hey, it's OK, but perhaps somebody transport data from inside to outside.
So, it could be a neverending story.. 

Btw, if I delete all problematic files, with the next update, aren't those going back?
Of course, I will write an email.