adrian

Tracy Debugger

10 hours ago, adrian said:

Do they go away if you clear the PW session (log out and back in again)? Does the problem continue after that?

Hello @adrian, thanks for orientate. Not Tracy's bug. The problem was with DB-driven Sessions (and yes I have updated PHP, MySQL). When I have uninstalled Session Handler Database module the problem was gone. And it returns if the Module activated again.

Moreover, debug bar doesn't work with Master mode with DB-Driven Sessions. That's why Legacy on the screenshot. But once again, it's not Tracy's problem, because some other problems was with sessions after update.

Thank you!

Hi @M.O.Z.G - I am going to be away from my computer for the next few days, but just wanted to check in on this SessionHandlerDB stuff. What version of Tracy are you running - I thought all the issues with SessionHandlerDB were sorted out in recent versions. There is one outstanding issue I am waiting on Ryan for a fix in the PW core, but otherwise it should all be working.

Please let me know and if you are running the latest version, then I'll look into it more later. 

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Hi @M.O.Z.G - I am going to be away from my computer for the next few days, but just wanted to check in on this SessionHandlerDB stuff. What version of Tracy are you running - I thought all the issues with SessionHandlerDB were sorted out in recent versions. There is one outstanding issue I am waiting on Ryan for a fix in the PW core, but otherwise it should all be working.

Please let me know and if you are running the latest version, then I'll look into it more later. 

Apache 2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/7.1.1, SQLite 2.8.17/3.7.17
Processwire 3.0.42+
Tracy Debugger 4.1.7+
SessionHandlerDB 0.5.0

@M.O.Z.G - Tracy is up to 4.3.1, so please try that version. If the problem still persists, could it be related to SQLite? Are you really not running MySQL? Does SQLite support PW in general?

On 4/12/2017 at 3:00 AM, adrian said:

@M.O.Z.G - Tracy is up to 4.3.1, so please try that version. If the problem still persists, could it be related to SQLite? Are you really not running MySQL? Does SQLite support PW in general?

On 4/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, M.O.Z.G said:

Tracy Debugger 4.1.7+

@adrian I meant all versions that high up this one.

On 4/12/2017 at 3:00 AM, adrian said:

could it be related to SQLite? Are you really not running MySQL?

It's XAMPP virtual server on the linux machine. May be the problem with db-driven sessions is related to SQLite, but I never felt any problems with this bundle before.

I gonna check it in another environment later. I'll write if any new behavior will appear.

Hi @adrian,

I have a fresh PW install 3.0.59 (blank profile), running on LAMP (apache 2.4+, php 7.0) and installed Tracy Debugger 4.3.1. I get the following error:

ErrorException: Undefined index: caller in /var/www/pwtest/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/DebugModePanel.php:335
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/pwtest/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/DebugModePanel.php(335): Tracy\Bar->Tracy\{closure}(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/pwtest...', 335, Array)
#1 /var/www/pwtest/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/tracy-master/src/Tracy/Bar.php(153): DebugModePanel->getPanel()
#2 /var/www/pwtest/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/tracy-master/src/Tracy/Bar.php(108): Tracy\Bar->renderPanels()
#3 /var/www/pwtest/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/tracy-master/src/Tracy/Debugger.php(266): Tracy\Bar->render()
#4 [internal function]: Tracy\Debugger::shutdownHandler()
#5 {main}

I've searched this topic but didn't see a similar incident. However, I have logged out/in, and cleared all cache entries. This error is still present.

This error is not preventing me from continuing development though.

Thanks for the report @rick - that error is coming from the fairly recently added Selector Queries section in the Debug mode panel. I can easily add a check to make sure the "caller" index is defined, but I am curious why it's not available for you. Would you be willing to dump:

$arguments[1]

inside the foreach that starts here: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/commit/82e5e286d3bd1795a843c858090dd96bdae1daba#diff-4fa401f5ada8c910a9991f9228078c4bR331

I'd like to know what elements/indexes are actually in that array so I can get an idea of why "caller" may not be there in your situation.

Thanks for helping out.

Hi @adrian

Here is the dump. Hope the format is what you wanted.

array(4) { ["findOne"]=> bool(true) ["findAll"]=> bool(true) ["getTotal"]=> bool(false) ["caller"]=> string(9) "pages.get" }
NULL
in .../modules/TracyDebugger/panels/DebugModePanel.php:334
array(4) { ["findOne"]=> bool(true) ["findAll"]=> bool(true) ["getTotal"]=> bool(false) ["caller"]=> string(9) "pages.get" }
NULL
NULL
NULL
NULL
NULL
array(1) { ["caller"]=> string(13) "page.children" }
NULL
NULL
array(2) { ["caller"]=> string(10) "page.child" ["getTotal"]=> bool(false) }
NULL
NULL
NULL
array(2) { ["findAll"]=> bool(true) ["loadOptions"]=> array(3) { ["pageClass"]=> string(10) "Permission" ["joinSortfield"]=> bool(false) ["joinFields"]=> array(0) { } } }
NULL

Thanks @rick - I have pushed an update that fixes this.

I also decided to show all the argument settings in the Selector Queries section, so it now looks like this:

58f2946204db5_ScreenShot2017-04-16at7_44_14AM.thumb.png.b830dc76a2a52f03d64ff8f09a5ab1c2.png

• Like 3

@adrian,

Updated and workin' great!

Thanks for your efforts!

ps. We need a Buy-A-Beer button in this forum!

• Like 3

I love this module!

Maybe it's just me and my weird server, but installing it on ProcessWire 3.0.61 (fresh install) throws the following notices though:

Notice: Undefined index: showDebugBar in /var/www/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 544

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 544

They vanish if the modules configuration is saved for the first time.

• Like 2

@adrian,

I have a suggestion. Is there any way to make the results pane of the console scrollable? When code executed in the console produces a long output, the results pane expands vertically and the top (Close) heading is forced above the browser window. There is no way to move the window back down other than clearing the results which shrinks the window back to original size.

• Like 1

Hi @incognito.ms - I am not sure why you are seeing that - I define the "showDebugBar" index here: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/bf9ab88cc9d15e4f0ec06193c30873b7f15af54c/TracyDebugger.module#L150

Is this something that only happens with ProcessWire 3.0., or have you seen it with earlier versions as well? Fixed - see other reply further down.

Hi @rick - it should already be scrollable, eg:

590451a07e55e_ScreenShot2017-04-29at6_39_50PM.thumb.png.c9ad808421761dc3e702bd5a1477a605.png

Is the problem always present for you, or are there just some circumstances that cause it not to scroll?

Hi @adrian, welcome back.

The first image shows the initial console window size and position with a code sample (not yet executed).

td01.jpg.47e1671b6fa6c23faa2737e179761e31.jpg

This image shows the window size has automatically expanded vertically (after executing code) where the 'title bar' is now off screen. 

td02.jpg.eef236d3e0d703d9bd1dde59a8a1e6fa.jpg

I am using chrome (maximized window).

This doesn't prevent me from clicking the console icon (TD's toolbar) to close the window, then click it again to re-open it to display the console within the window boundaries. I can also toggle the browser window size to reset the console display size.

I'm not reporting this as a bug because it doesn't prevent me from continuing, nor does it generate incorrect results. It is just something that I noticed.

• Like 1

Thanks @rick for those screenshots. Unfortunately I am having trouble reproducing at the moment - the console panel is automatically adjusting its height to match the available viewport and the code and results windows are both scrollable and the window title bar is always visible. I assume you are running the latest version of Tracy?

If you notice something specific that causes the title/header bar to be above the viewport, please let me know. In the meantime, I will keep an eye out myself, but as a heads up to you and everyone else here, I am going to be mostly offline for the next 2 months - it's going to be strange being away from PW and the forums for so long.

Cheers,
Adrian

@adrian,

It's not a problem, just an idiosyncrasy. lol This is a great module and I just wanted to post an FYI.

PS.
Enjoy your 'time off'! Post pics of the native women from the island when you get a chance! :)

• Like 1

@incognito.ms - I just took a look into that notice and I have fixed it in the latest version - thanks for reporting!

• Like 1

Hi @adrian, I have a PHP file that bootstraps PW and I'm calling it from a cron job. When the cron fires I get the following errors relating to Tracy:

[01-May-2017 13:07:01 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /home/myaccount/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 1541
[01-May-2017 13:07:01 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /home/myaccount/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 233

I also get an error from ProcessWire.php that I've created a separate topic for - I just mention it here in case the issues are related.

@Robin S - can you please test with the latest version of Tracy and let me know the current line numbers that are reporting that notice (if any) - those line numbers you are reporting don't seem to match the current version. I fixed something like this a while back (https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/commit/8e8309e13c9edf6ad36f0e29b91cc52b77ffc7e1), but maybe there are still some outstanding issues. 

44 minutes ago, adrian said:

can you please test with the latest version of Tracy and let me know the current line numbers that are reporting that notice (if any)

After updating Tracy the notices are:

[01-May-2017 20:30:02 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /home/myaccount/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 1583
[01-May-2017 20:30:02 Pacific/Auckland] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /home/myaccount/public_html/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module on line 259

Thanks @Robin S - should be fixed in the latest version. 

Although, I am wondering if perhaps I should be disabling much of Tracy in CLI mode anyway. Maybe just disable the debug bar, but allow for error logging still? Any thoughts?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adrian said:

Although, I am wondering if perhaps I should be disabling much of Tracy in CLI mode anyway. Maybe just disable the debug bar, but allow for error logging still? Any thoughts?

That sounds sensible. Thanks for the fix.

• Like 1

Just a repeat of part of a message above so hopefully more of you will see it:

I am going to be mostly offline for the next 2 months, starting right now :)

It's going to be strange being away from PW and the forums for so long. Hopefully if anyone has any issues with this (or any of my other modules), some of you who are more experienced might be able to help, or at least let those users know that I am away and will take care of things when I return.

Cheers all!

• Like 6

Hi @adrian, just leaving this here now while I remember for when you are back.

I'm not able to use Tracy inside a ProcessPageEdit hook when the page being edited is a PageTable page (i.e. in the modal window). In /site/ready.php (or /site/init.php)...

$this->addHookBefore('ProcessPageEdit::execute', function($event) {
    bd('testing');
});

2017-05-04_115812.thumb.png.6ab603f81b522f51b7e8018597602963.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robin S said:

Hi @adrian, just leaving this here now while I remember for when you are back.

I'm not able to use Tracy inside a ProcessPageEdit hook when the page being edited is a PageTable page (i.e. in the modal window). In /site/ready.php (or /site/init.php)...

$this->addHookBefore('ProcessPageEdit::execute', function($event) {
    bd('testing');
});

This was bothering me when I was working on this question about PageTables. It appears that Tracy isn't included when page is called via a modal. Check this out

// /site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module

public function init() {
    // ...

// EARLY EXITS
    // modals
    if(in_array('regularModal', $this->data['hideDebugBarModals']) && $this->wire('input')->get->modal == '1') return;
    if(in_array('inlineModal', $this->data['hideDebugBarModals']) && $this->wire('input')->get->modal == 'inline') return;

// ...
}

We need you @adrian, come back!

• Like 5