Tracy Debugger

adrian

4 hours ago, adrian said:

is not match the name of the Admin Actions module

Yeah, the only concern of mine is just this, so that I (we) can search google like "Admin Actions" and "Admin Tools" separately ? 

8 hours ago, tpr said:

Contextions

Haha ? it would be okay for an application or a module since it is a made up word but not so good for something descriptive as much as possible like a panel's name.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szabesz said:

Yeah, the only concern of mine is just this, so that I (we) can search google like "Admin Actions" and "Admin Tools" separately ? 

New version committed and it is now named Admin Tools.

• Like 3

Hey @adrian, it is possible to export a panel's infos or a global diagnostic to a text file in the goal to compare for example, two site-dumps with a diff tool or even a text editor ?

I mean, at this moment I am comparing load as others speed load informations of a big site between the prod and dev server - switching my browser tabs to do comparisons - and so I was thinking that I would like to generate/export a TracyDebugger report with all the diagnostics to be able to easily compare them on my computer. If this feature is implemented, please tell where to find it, I can't see it ☺️ 

• Like 1

@flydev - it's not currently possible, but I am interested in implementing something along these lines. The question is how and what. What format would make things easiest to compare? What info do we need to export? What panels are relevant? Should we have a separate export that combines certain key data from multiple panels?

Any thoughts?

I've just added docs for PW procedural functions including the functions API.

These are available in the API Explorer, and also code completions for the Console and File Editor panels.

I refactored quite a lot of code to add this, so please let me know if you notice any problems.

JNuYGnfB5d.thumb.gif.dad19681ed0410bc556e2a74536cb99d.gif

• Like 4

@adrian do you ever sleep? ?

The API explorer works like a charm. I also just discovered Adminer: Beautiful. I needed to use it just now to get rid of a stubborn module + fieldtype that wouldn't go away properly using the standard de-install routine.

I have a small question re: Tracy file editor: on one PW installation you can't do "save". The page reloads, but the changes will never be saved.

I see nothing in PW or Tracy logs.

Do I need to modify server settings somewhere? (I don't remember having to do that for any other PW site yet).

SERVER DETAILS
ProcessWire: 3.0.124
PHP: 7.0.7
Webserver: Apache
MySQL: 5.5.50-38.0-log
Latest Tracy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dragan said:

@adrian do you ever sleep? ?

Probably not enough ?

Glad you're finding the API Explorer and Adminer useful. I use them both all the time.

Sorry about that issue with the File Editor panel - just a stupid typo! It should be fixed in the latest version.

Please let me know if it works for you now.

Something I've been wanting to add for a long time.

Favicon server indicator badges. These show the first two letters from the subdomain / tld settings you have configured in the Tracy settings along with the configured colors.

image.png.ffe3ab31fb54f21d76f62894c143601d.png

This is a new option available from the Server Type Indicator settings section:

image.png.62250ec06fb608951579dbfc6c4c976e.png

Just another attempt to help you from accidentally working on the wrong version of a site.

Please let me know if you guys find any problems with it.

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tpr said:

Damn, I hoped it's a new feature related to water, sugar and coffee beans ?

Well given that I am not a coffee drinker, I actually think this is cooler ?

I am actually thinking of making this available to site editors, not just Tracy users - it's so nice knowing which version of a site each tab is!

Hey @bernhard - the "Force guest" setting should take care of that on localhost, but IIRC there are some dev environments that aren't correctly recognized as local - are you using one of these pre packages LAMP stacks?

If that doesn't work, have you tried giving the "tracy-debugger" permission to the user role in question? Obviously you won't need to worry about the IP restriction in your dev environment.

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic