Tracy Debugger

adrian

Just now, matjazp said:

Just wanted to upgrade her, but I got compile error: "Cannot declare class TracyDebugger, because the name is already in use", File: ...\modules\TracyDebugger\TracyDebugger.module.php:24  

I was worried that might happen. @bernhard added .php to the TracyDebugger.module file so that intellisense in vscode could work its magic. I thought I might starting adding the php extension to all my modules files because .module really is a silly extension in my mind. 

You'll be able to solve the issue my deleting the .module version. Same goes for ProcessTracyAdminer.module.

I am curious what method you used to upgrade. I would have thought that the PW Upgrades module would handle this and a git update approach should also work. Updating via modules > add new should also work. Did you just unzip and copy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matjazp said:

I used PW upgrades module...

Edit: Adminer 4.7.0 (released 2018-11-24)

Weird - I just tested upgrading Tracy with the PW Upgrades module and it deleted the old .module versions automatically. I have no idea why it wouldn't have worked the same for you.

Thanks for the Adminer update note.

45 minutes ago, adrian said:

Well it took several hours of discussions with @bernhard and lots of back and forwards on the best way to do things, but we've finally committed the "WebHooks" panel he posted about above.

Awesome work @bernhard and @adrian. Hopefully one day I'll get to test all these wonderful stuff being added. That might be a while, given that it's only today that I discovered the Tracy console can be opened in a new window! ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kongondo said:

I discovered the Tracy console can be opened in a new window!

Interesting because I actually purposely made this not obvious by hiding the icon that triggers the new window mode. Are you using SHIFT+Click to trigger this or is the icon not hidden for you?

The reason I "disabled" this functionality is that it was a bit painful to get layout to work properly in this mode. And actually, the Console panel is completely broken for me at the moment in this mode at the moment. Are you running a much older version?

37 minutes ago, adrian said:

Are you using SHIFT+Click to trigger this or is the icon not hidden for you?

I'm using the icon; it's not hidden for me.

37 minutes ago, adrian said:

Are you running a much older version?

On this machine I'm running 4.8.24

38 minutes ago, adrian said:

Interesting because I actually purposely made this not obvious by hiding the icon that triggers the new window mode.

The new window came handy today. I needed to see different windows at the same time and docked, the console was in the way, plus I just couldn't make it bigger. I've done it before, but can't remember how :-).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kongondo said:

On this machine I'm running 4.8.24

That's ancient (10 months old) - you are missing out on so much ? but that explains why the icon is not hidden.

58 minutes ago, kongondo said:

I just couldn't make it bigger. I've done it before, but can't remember how :-).

There are lots of new options for making the Console panel larger - you can maximize the panel, but you can also fullscreen mode the editor/results panes.

You can also "rollup" any Tracy panels by double-clicking on their title bar - nice to get it out of the way quickly.

I'll see about restoring the "window" option, but no promises - it's been painful!

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Weird - I just tested upgrading Tracy with the PW Upgrades module and it deleted the old .module versions automatically. I have no idea why it wouldn't have worked the same for you.

I experienced the same issue using the PW Upgrades module. I think it is Windows-specific and relates to a bug introduced by Ryan trying to resolve this issue: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/704
In recent dev versions PW is not able to delete files on Windows. See also: 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, adrian said:

That's ancient (10 months old) - you are missing out on so much ? but that explains why the icon is not hidden.

In fact I misspoke in my previous post. I've been using the new version but on a different local site. On the site I'm currently on, I have the older Tracy :-). 

There are lots of new options for making the Console panel larger

Yeah; now I seem to remember this. It was of course on the other site where I had the new Tracy. I even played around with Adminer, I recall. 

You can also "rollup" any Tracy panels by double-clicking on their title bar - nice to get it out of the way quickly.

Good to know, thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kongondo said:
55 minutes ago, adrian said:

In fact I misspoke in my previous post. I've been using the new version but on a different local site

Does this mean you are seeing the "open in window" icon on the new version? It should look like this:

image.png.3fedeb8ea66afdad58a54df8e97b6baa.png

Just the Maximize/Restore icon and the close icon.

The open in window icon should be hid by this rule:

https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/077b5c26aea42de451dcd94d97ae186d3bbf8529/styles.css#L830-L833

7 minutes ago, adrian said:

Does this mean you are seeing the "open in window" icon on the new version? It should look like this:

No. It means I'm using different versions of Tracy on different sites (multisite) on the same machine ?.

Edit: Maybe this old version is why Tracy is not appearing in modal windows or that has always been the case?

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

A couple of updates to the new RequestLogger panel.

You can now define which types of request methods are logged: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH. By default, all are checked, but I think in most cases unchecking GET is probably helpful as it will prevent page views from being logged.

image.png.acef35a02d410f2d818bab775bdfe240.png

You can now use this panel on non-ProcessWire pages, so if you use a php script like payment_confirmation.php in the root of your site, so long as it bootstraps PW (include ./index.php), it will let you log and retrieve request data. The only catch is that you need to trigger the logging manually by adding:

$page->logRequests();

to the script file. 

Visit the page and enable logging (as with any normal PW page) and you're good to go.

The only weird thing at the moment with this is that the logged url will be /http404/ but otherwise it works as expected.

Let me know if you make use of this approach and if you find any issues.

BTW, I still need to add docs for the Request Logger, API Explorer, and Adminer panels to https://adrianbj.github.io/TracyDebugger/ - I've been slack on this. Anyone out there like doing documentation and would like to help ?

• Like 2

Hello to all,

I've just tried updating the module and got an error. I then deleted it completely to start all over again (on my local site), and as soon as it is downloaded, even if I choose to leave it uninstalled, I still have the same fatal error (I must delete the TracyDebugger folder in my modules completely to be able to access my site). Here's the error :

require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/celfred/PlanetAlert/site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/TemplateEditorPanel.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')

And I'm sorry to say I have no idea what to do... So if one of you could give me a hint, that would be great. I was using TracyDebugger more and more (for minor debugging, I guess you can tell from my question) but I would like to use it more ? 

@celfred - does that file actually exist?

How are you upgrading / installing Tracy ? It's always safest through Setup > Modules > New or the PW Upgrades module.

Also, if it's uninstalled and you're getting that error, then you probably need to do a Modules > Refresh

@adrian : Well, I am upgrading through Setup > Modules > New and I type the className. Everything downloads and then I click 'Install now'.

I've checked the path and no, the file doesn't exist.

I've tried the Modules > Refresh and re-installed Tracydebugger : same problem. Here's the line mentionned that triggers the issue :

File: .../modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php:1341

Thanks for your quick reply.

Edit : I've checked on Github in panels folder, and there is no TemplateEditorPanel.php file... I really don't get it...

58 minutes ago, celfred said:

@adrian : Well, I am upgrading through Setup > Modules > New and I type the className. Everything downloads and then I click 'Install now'.

I've checked the path and no, the file doesn't exist.

I've tried the Modules > Refresh and re-installed Tracydebugger : same problem. Here's the line mentionned that triggers the issue :

File: .../modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php:1341

Thanks for your quick reply.

Edit : I've checked on Github in panels folder, and there is no TemplateEditorPanel.php file... I really don't get it...

Oh now I see what's going on - the Template Editor panel hasn't existed in forever ? Your module settings must be configured to try to load it still. An uninstall/reinstall should remove those settings though. Maybe you had used the Panel Selector and "Sticky" selected the template editor? Could you please delete the "tracyPanelsSticky" cookie from your browser and let me know if that works.

@adrian I was indeed about to tell you I'm updating from... 3.6.9 ! I managed to get back the old version from my remote site).

So far, I've tried what you said :

• Starting with a 'regular' update trhough the module page, clicking on update. It detects the 4?15.4 version. It downloads and then still triggers the same error.
  • Then, I went to check the cookies. I couldn't find the TracyPanelSticky you mentionned, but trying to erase all Tracy cookies (and eventually deleting all my localhost cookies), and also deleting the TracyDebugger folder in my modules folder, and deleting the TracyDebugger folder in my assets/cache/Filecompiler/site/modules... still the same result ? In short, I have deleted all traces I could find of TracyDebugger and tried re-installing 4.15.4 but the error persists.

You were perfectly right about the 'sticky panel' : I remember I had the var-dump panel sticky before updating.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated PW from 3.0.111 to 3.0.121 today.

I've got a compile error when I wanted to update Tracy as well:

File: .../modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php:24
class TracyDebugger extends \ProcessWire\WireData implements \ProcessWire\Module, \ProcessWire\ConfigurableModule {

https://dev.foo.com/backstage/module/download/
PHP 7.2.12
Apache/2.4
Tracy 2.5-dev

tracy-error-exception.png.57db11b8bec6e4550f99abe95a2c662a.png

Edited by dragan
added screenshot

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic