Tracy Debugger

adrian

Actually, you don't even need the new TD::echo method. All your tabulator() method needs to do, is echo that HTML directly:

function tabulator($str) {
    echo '<div id="tabletest"></div>
    <script>
    var table = new Tabulator("#tabletest", {
         height:205,
         data:[
         {id:1, name:"Oli Bob", age:"12", col:"red", dob:""},
         {id:2, name:"Mary May", age:"1", col:"blue", dob:"14/05/1982"},
         {id:3, name:"Christine Lobowski", age:"42", col:"green", dob:"22/05/1982"},
         {id:4, name:"Brendon Philips", age:"125", col:"orange", dob:"01/08/1980"},
         {id:5, name:"Margret Marmajuke", age:"16", col:"yellow", dob:"31/01/1999"},
         ],
         layout:"fitColumns", //fit columns to width of table (optional)
         columns:[ //Define Table Columns
             {title:"Name", field:"name", width:150},
             {title:"Age", field:"age", hozAlign:"left", formatter:"progress"},
             {title:"Favourite Color", field:"col"},
             {title:"Date Of Birth", field:"dob", sorter:"date", hozAlign:"center"},
         ],
         rowClick:function(e, row){ //trigger an alert message when the row is clicked
             alert("Row " + row.getData().id + " Clicked!!!!");
         },
    });
    </script>';
}

The only thing it misses this way is the helper for displaying the title bar at the top of each output, but all that really is, is <h2>title</h2> anyway, so easy to implement directly if you want.

What do you think? Any need for the TD::echo() method at all?

Hi adrian,

this is great, thank you!! ? I got it working here ?

E03nDcJ.png

You can try it using RockFinder2 "tracy" branch: https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockFinder2/commit/4b78566ecc87d2af0e5b33b721cbad27912ddb8f

JcEItWg.png

So you see that I've created a very simple process module that loads tabulator and does a css override to make the console fullscreen. Simple and perfect solution. Only thing missing is a feature to open the console panel automatically when the page loads. Somehow I didn't get that working using jQuery's load event and triggering a click on the panel item.

How could that be done?

PS: I wonder if that tabulator feature could be useful not only for RockFinder but in many other cases, like dumping the result of an SQL query for example. Using RockFinder this is already possible (because RockFinder can take an sql query as source), but I wonder if it could make sense to ship such a tabulator feature with tracy by default? Just not sure how to check if tabulator is already loaded (eg via my module)?

• Like 1

Great @bernhard - can you please try without the \TD::echo() method like in my second example above - just echo directly in your new dump() method. I made the change to the Tracy branch of your module and it worked fine - no need for that method as I noted in my second post above.

The easiest way to open the Console panel automatically is to add this to the "return"  of your executeConsole() method.

<script>
    localStorage.setItem("tracy-debug-panel-ConsolePanel", "{}");
</script>

Typically there would be width, height etc elements in there, but you are overriding these with CSS anywhere, so the empty {} is all that's needed.

As for including tabulator in Tracy - I really like the idea but I am not yet sure how best to make it so it's easy to have data in the correct format for tabulator to work with - mostly issues with the column headings vs the data rows. Any thoughts?

Wow, this is brilliant ? 

d9VRDnp.png

17 minutes ago, adrian said:

<script> localStorage.setItem("tracy-debug-panel-ConsolePanel", "{}"); </script>

That worked perfectly, thanks! ? 

19 minutes ago, adrian said:

As for including tabulator in Tracy - I really like the idea but I am not yet sure how best to make it so it's easy to have data in the correct format for tabulator to work with - mostly issues with the column headings vs the data rows. Any thoughts?

Same here ? I think we'd need to collect some example use cases and then decide what could make sense. Pushed everything to RockFinder2 master branch ? So I can get rid of lots of bloat in RockFinder3 ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adrian said:

Also, you might want to prepopulate the console panel by adding another localStorage entry for "tracyConsole" - take a look at an existing entry to see the required format.

I didn't want to ask ? Ok where do I find such an example? (I tried searching for tracy-debug-panel-ConsolePanel in my project but didn't find a good result..)

Sorry, but this does not do anything ? 

$data = '"{\"code\":\"xxx\"}"';
    return "<style>
      #tracy-debug-panel-ConsolePanel {
        left: 0 !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        width: 100vw !important;
        height: 100vh !important;
      }
      </style>
      <script>
      // open the console automatically
      localStorage.setItem('tracy-debug-panel-ConsolePanel', $data);
      </script>";

The panel opens, but the code does not change...

Keep in mind though - this may annoy some users because it will overwrite what they already have in the Console.

Another thing I am wondering - why have a separate Process module for this - couldn't the required code be loaded by the main RF module so that users could do a $f->dump() on any page?

Sorry, I can't get that to work properly and I don't want to hunt through all the options...

13 minutes ago, adrian said:

Another thing I am wondering - why have a separate Process module for this - couldn't the required code be loaded by the main RF module so that users could do a $f->dump() on any page?

Yes, it could. I thought about that. But I'm loading the tabulator library only if there is a RockTab field rendered on that page. Not sure - maybe it would be better to load those scripts automatically? It would be cached anyhow... Might be the better solution!

RockFinder does actually not use Tabulator at all - that's a different module ? So as it is just used for testing/debugging finders a processModule that loads tabulator via CDN ist the best option imho ? 

RreOU7j.png

7 minutes ago, bernhard said:

Hey @adrian a thank you is not enough!! The console was so helpful while building the new version of RockFinder - I hope you have a use for RockFinder3 so that you get something back for your brilliant work! ? 

Hey - teamwork makes the dream work ?

Totally OT, but damn I hate the look of that plus (New Snippet) icon in the console on Windows - sorry it's so ugly - I need to swap those all out for SVGs at some point.

• Like 1

image.png.2b1073608878385d619f236a45d78366.png

I might give the FA icons a go. The reason I didn't initially is because they aren't loaded on the frontend of a site, but these days I do load them with Tracy for the custom links in the PW Info panel anyway, so it wouldn't be any extra load now, although I think someone mentioned they were having issues because they were using FA 5 on the frontend and there was some conflict. I'll think about it later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Totally OT, but damn I hate the look of that plus (New Snippet) icon in the console

I just saw it and I like it :-). TBH, what I find 'ugly' is the favicon badge :-). The first thing I do when I install Tracy is to disable it :-). Don't mind me though...

14 minutes ago, kongondo said:

TBH, what I find 'ugly' is the favicon badge

Sorry you find it ugly - I know it doesn't look nice, but it's one of my favorite things in Tracy - so nice to know which browser tab has the dev version vs live version of a site.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adrian said:

so nice to know which browser tab has the dev version vs live version of a site.

I really don't care a lot about those things (neither the plus icon nore the favicon), but couldn't you also set the page title to something like: #DEV# xxx on the dev site and leave the favicon untouched? ? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bernhard said:

couldn't you also set the page title to something like: #DEV# xxx on the dev site

@bernhard - I've added a new "Title Prefix" option for accomplishing that.

21 hours ago, bernhard said:

Hey @adrian would it be possible to make the panels open in fullscreen on shift-click? I think that could be a great benefit not only for the console but also other panels with lots of content!

I took a quick look but don't have an easy solution at the moment without hacking the Tracy core. The core actually already has a shift+click shortcut but it's for a weird popup browser window mode which I don't support - it became too painful with some of the more complex panels I've added and I didn't see the advantage. Maybe I'll take a look again later at trying to override this, but given that we have a "maximize" panel button already, I'm not too motivated on this one.

• Thanks 1

For those not following the Rockfinder3 thread, the latest version of Tracy includes a new barEcho() / be() method that allows you to echo directly to the bar dumps panel without Tracy trying to dump it as variables / objects. You've always been able to do this directly in the Console panel with a normal echo, but now you can do the same to the bar dumps panel.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, adrian said:

I took a quick look but don't have an easy solution at the moment without hacking the Tracy core. The core actually already has a shift+click shortcut but it's for a weird popup browser window mode which I don't support - it became too painful with some of the more complex panels I've added and I didn't see the advantage. Maybe I'll take a look again later at trying to override this, but given that we have a "maximize" panel button already, I'm not too motivated on this one.

Thx, just realized that today in the morning when I had 2 windows opened from yesterday that opend because of my shift-click tests ? This does really not work. Not only where the panels unusable they where also hidden somewhere around my 3 screens ? 

If there's no easy solution that's fine. Really not that important, thanks for explaining ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adrian,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm seeing an error:

PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in .../TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php:1072

I'm running php 7.1.33 and Processwire 3.0.159.  TracyDebugger module is at 4.21.16.

I'm seeing this error on all pages of my site.  I have also done a modules refresh.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for all you do!

Edited by gmclelland
Added Tracy version number

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic