Tracy Debugger

adrian

47 minutes ago, EyeDentify said:

Hello Again.

I Get a "Copy" option on any pages under the Root in pagelist.

I am going to uninstall Tracy Debugger and install it again and see what happens.
Cause some things have been acting strange like the image upload issue i postet about a short while ago then went away.

I will think about the server access thing.

I uninstalled TracyDebugger and removed any directorys in the modules directory under my site path.

And i reinstalled it and the same Error is there again.

I can´t seem to find a solution right now.

I will have to see what your next move is.

2 minutes ago, EyeDentify said:

I will have to see what your next move is.

I need to know whether the page list COPY button also works without an error.  Sorry, just saw that reply.

Other than that, I'm afraid my only other move is to look at the server directly because I don't understand the filecompiler problem without those other things I asked you to test also being a problem, because they are all coming from PW calls to set_time_limit.

• Like 1

Just now, adrian said:

I need to know whether the page list COPY button also works without an error.

Other than that, I'm afraid my only other move is to look at the server directly because I don't understand the filecompiler problem without those other things I asked you to test also being a problem, because they are all coming from PW calls to set_time_limit.

Sorry i looked closer in Tracy and found this error:
error_tracydebugg.thumb.png.258cf38e7646101064222c3f59f225d4.png

• Like 1

Just now, EyeDentify said:

Sorry i looked closer in Tracy and found this error:

No worries - good to know ?

I think this really means that you need to figure out how to get one.com to change that setting, or move to a decent host. I just think there are going to be other issues with using them, not just this one. I know that's not what you want to hear, but cheap shared hosting just ain't worth it. I would really recommend a Digital Ocean or Linode VPS - they are really cheap and if you install an admin panel on top, you won't even need to spend much time on the command line if you're not up for it, although you might actually enjoy it if you experiment ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adrian said:

No worries - good to know ?

I think this really means that you need to figure out how to get one.com to change that setting, or move to a decent host. I just think there are going to be other issues with using them, not just this one. I know that's not what you want to hear, but cheap shared hosting just ain't worth it. I would really recommend a Digital Ocean or Linode VPS - they are really cheap and if you install an admin panel on top, you won't even need to spend much time on the command line if you're not up for it, although you might actually enjoy it if you experiment ?

Yeah i have been looking into Linode, but all the jargon and such is a bit scary.

I don´t know what to pick when i only need a simply hosting solution for my own personal website and project.

Also it´s the issue with making the right DNS settings and such to is it not?

But if you could point me in the right direction on a Linode to a good budget choice for beginners i would be greatful.

Though i have payed one.com for the year so i guess have to wait to switch again.

And have used Lets Encrypt for my SSL, is that easy to use with Linode and the Control panel thing you where talking about?

I know a little commandline, but it´s would be nice with a GUI for it.

I thank you for all your help.

I will talk with one.com and see what they say about it.

Chances are you'll be fine with the $5 / month plan: https://www.linode.com/pricing/

The DNS stuff is mostly just a matter of pointing your domain to the IP address of your linode.

I don't have any significant experience with control panels, but server pilot sounds like a decent choice, but perhaps others will chime in.

I set up LetsEncrypt via the certbot tool on the command line, but there might be a way to do that via on of these control panels.

If one.com won't change that setting, perhaps they'll give you your money back ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, adrian said:

Chances are you'll be fine with the $5 / month plan: https://www.linode.com/pricing/

The DNS stuff is mostly just a matter of pointing your domain to the IP address of your linode.

I don't have any significant experience with control panels, but server pilot sounds like a decent choice, but perhaps others will chime in.

I set up LetsEncrypt via the certbot tool on the command line, but there might be a way to do that via on of these control panels.

If one.com won't change that setting, perhaps they'll give you your money back ?

I will consider all options.

But also it seems foolish to make any sudden moves when it over all works fine so far.
It´s just the TracyDebugger thats has been acting up.

Thanks again @adrian for all the help.

Let us know if you make changes to the TracyDebugger module to work with our hostings.

Have a nice day.

6 minutes ago, EyeDentify said:

It´s just the TracyDebugger thats has been acting up.

If it only was Tracy then I'd be keener to work on a fix, but in reality there is only one piece of code from Tracy that is causing the problems and you can disable that by unchecking the "Versions List" option here:

image.png.2cb6cb1edc97c2a23361b7b9d0cbe6a7.png

The errors in the other two panels are due to PW's file compiler which I can't fix but they should go away after reloading the page because the file compiler shouldn't have to run again if the code for those panels is already cached. Note that the filecompiler will also throw these errors on other modules that don't define the PW namespace, but again they should only show the first time the files are accessed, or if they are updated in the future. Do you see that, or does the filecompiler error keep occurring on subsequent page loads?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adrian said:

If it only was Tracy then I'd be keener to work on a fix, but in reality there is only one piece of code from Tracy that is causing the problems and you can disable that by unchecking the "Versions List" option here:

image.png.2cb6cb1edc97c2a23361b7b9d0cbe6a7.png

The errors in the other two panels are due to PW's file compiler which I can't fix but they should go away after reloading the page because the file compiler shouldn't have to run again if the code for those panels is already cached. Note that the filecompiler will also throw these errors on other modules that don't define the PW namespace, but again they should only show the first time the files are accessed, or if they are updated in the future. Do you see that, or does the filecompiler error keep occurring on subsequent page loads?

Hey @adrian and Good morning, (at least it is in sweden of time of writing this).

I did what you said and unchecked the "Versions List" option in TracyDebugger Configuration.

The error persists i am afraid. (I only have Console panel enabled, and the error is about the "set_time_limit()" again)

Can i force PW to cache the module files again with the file compiler?

Unchecking Versions List will only fix the error in the PW Info panel. The error for the Console Panel is not coming from the Console panel - it doesn't use set_time_limit() - the call to set_time_limit() is in the File Compiler module which shouldn't be updating its cache unless the Console Panel file code is changed, which it shouldn't be. Maybe you could try commenting out this line (https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/f9337d77a5fc9ae0cdd9486261768b102347bfd0/wire/core/FileCompiler.php#L384) and see if that fixes things without breaking the compilation process.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, adrian said:

Unchecking Versions List will only fix the error in the PW Info panel. The error for the Console Panel is not coming from the Console panel - it doesn't use set_time_limit() - the call to set_time_limit() is in the File Compiler module which shouldn't be updating its cache unless the Console Panel file code is changed, which it shouldn't be. Maybe you could try commenting out this line (https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/f9337d77a5fc9ae0cdd9486261768b102347bfd0/wire/core/FileCompiler.php#L384) and see if that fixes things without breaking the compilation process.

Hey @adrian

I will take a look at commenting that line.

I also did some investigating and when i run ini_get_all() and looked at the output and found this:

[max_execution_time] => Array
(
    [global_value] => 50
    [local_value] => 50
    [access] => 7
)

Could this have anything to do with the set_time_limit(120) freaking out?

1 minute ago, adrian said:

Looks fine to me. This is what I get:

image.png.3f0b849d68380a45a178e96b4497268d.png

The issue is that one.com is preventing code from changing it which is why the PW core filecompiler is causing that error.

If they have not disabled set_time_limit() then how are they preventing it from running?

7 hours ago, EyeDentify said:

If they have not disabled set_time_limit() then how are they preventing it from running?

They have disabled it, just not via disable_functions line. I don't know how they have done it, but if you google: php "due to system policy"

you'll see lots of results, so it must be a fairly common thing on budget hosting.

• Like 2

Hello @adrian

I am back with another issue.
This time with the Console panel and a strange behavior.

For some strange reason it seems when i save a snippet all the code gets put on one single line.
This is not what i wanted, i looked for some kind of setting in TracyDebugger config but can´t figure it out.

I attached to screenshots showing what happens.
Nr 1 is where i put my code and save it.
Nr 2 is when i load the snippet and it shows up on a single line.

Do you have any idea to why this happens?

Image 1

console_behavior_img1.thumb.png.e0f7d4ad4b5bd1919e96e95fa83d9993.png

Image 2

console_behavior_img2.thumb.png.9dc7072a5f4efa1b0f1e3149405e06bd.png

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, EyeDentify said:

Yes @adrian that did the trick ? everything back to normal ?

Good to hear ?

There's actually another new version just posted which improves ACE mode detection and whether the current code matches the saved version after a page reload.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, adrian said:

Good to hear ?

There's actually another new version just posted which improves ACE mode detection and whether the current code matches the saved version after a page reload.

Downloaded the update.

But could you share what "ACE mode detection" means?

9 hours ago, EyeDentify said:

But could you share what "ACE mode detection" means?

ACE Editor is what the Console panel uses and it has different modes for different languages and there is also a regular and inline php mode depending on whether the code starts with <?php or not. I have just improved detection of the mode to use when loading up snippets.

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic