Tracy Debugger

adrian

Thanks @bernhard - those Breadcrumb and $process methods have been persistent for a while. I think you'll actually need one more update for them to disappear. I "reset" my cache when I was updating Tracy yesterday by going from 152 back to 151, then to 152 and today to 153. Can you remember to check on upgrade to 154 and let me know if the problem still persists please? Thanks.

Thanks @bernhard - is that just the start of things - is it listing virtually everything as new? It is kinda looking like the old cached version was removed somehow in the downgrade / upgrade process. Let's see what others report their experience to be.

@adrian Hi. 

I'm facing a small issue and I'm not sure that this one is relative to Tracy, but I feel that it's better to ask anyway.
I have quite a simple template that outputs page views based on the GET parameters.

Spoiler

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

bp('template before');
	if (!config('ajax') || !input()->get('post_ids')) {
		wire404();
	}

$layout->preventOutput(true);
	$dirty_post_ids = input()->get('post_ids');
	$post_ids = implode('|', sanitizer('intArray', $dirty_post_ids));

header('Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8;');
	$data = cache()->getFor('PostViews', $post_ids, 300, function () use ($post_ids) {
		return pages()->getById($post_ids, [
			'getNumChildren' => false,
			'joinFields'     => [
				'phits'
			]
		])->explode(function ($p) {
			return [
				'id'    => $p->id,
				'views' => (int) $p->getViewsCount(3.3)
			];
		});
	});

echo wireEncodeJSON($data, 0);
	bp('template after');
	$this->halt();

URL of this page is /ua/views/.

The issue is that I have significant and unreasonable leap in memory usage

image.png.b53bb594a76de53db13001323e8dc983.png

The strange thing is that if I change URL ( page name) to something else like v or view I get (if not contains 'views')

image.png.9bb5fdd73198780eb605dd1e6438b52e.png

I have reviewed all the code and did not find anything where occurs 'views'.

I don’t have any idea what can cause it, it's just some kind of mysticism, so I thought maybe it could be an issue with Tracy or Performance Panel. 

Thanks. 

Hey @adrian

I've just started using live.js because I'm doing some work in the backend where I need JS/LESS a lot. After getting tired of reloading the browser I thought I'd try browsersync that I recently discovered but it did not work. Then I found live.js and added this to my module:

if(!$this->user->isSuperuser()) return;
if(!$this->config->debug) return;
$this->config->scripts->add('http://livejs.com/live.js');

And this just works!!

The great thing about it is that it even recognizes when my style.less file changed. The great thing here is that it does not reload the browser but only replaces the CSS file (which is crazy because the CSS is parsed via RockLESS on demand, so the server must somehow be involved. Anyway... the style gets updated without reloading the page as soon as I change my LESS file ?

I thought this would be very easy to include in Tracy. For the frontend it would need to add the whole script tag instead of doing $config->styles->add(), but that would also be simple.

What do you think?

Edit: I understand now how the less-part works. On every poll of live.js the server is involved, so live.js results in lots of requests to your server! I don't think that's a very good option...

@Zeka - sorry, I am not sure - that Performance panel is not my own work - it comes from https://github.com/Zarganwar/PerformancePanel although it hasn't seen any updates in a long time. It would be great if you could figure out where the problem is coming from though if you have the time.

@bernhard - thanks for the idea - but sounds like it's a no go afterall.

Hi @adrian,

Is it possible to switch into a user with the guest role only using the User Switcher panel? I didn't see the default guest user available there so I created a new user with only the guest role but it doesn't appear either.

Or do you know of another way to get the debug bar to appear on a remote site when not logged in? (of course you would never to this on a live site - my site isn't publicly accessible)

1 minute ago, Robin S said:

Is it possible to switch into a user with the guest role only using the User Switcher panel?

Use the logout button on the user switcher panel and it should do what you want.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, adrian said:

Use the logout button on the user switcher panel and it should do what you want.

Thanks! I just had to start a User Switcher session and then the logout button did the trick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Major new release, thanks in big part to @Robin S for ideas, testing, and feedback.

1. The Console panel now stores it's snippets on disk so they can be backed up, be under version control, and also editable via your external code editor (with direct link from the entry in the Console snippet sidebar). They are stored in either /site/templates/TracyDebugger/snippets/ or /site/assets/TracyDebugger/snippets/

Note that all your pre-existing snippets that were previously stored along with Tracy's module settings will be automatically written to disk when you upgrade to the new version of Tracy.

2. You can define a block of code to be prepended to the snippet when it is saved to disk. For example, Robin is using:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
//<editor-fold desc="API variables">
/**
 * @var Config $config
 * @var Fieldgroups $fieldgroups
 * @var Fields $fields
 * @var Languages $languages
 * @var Modules $modules
 * @var Page $page
 * @var Pages $pages
 * @var Paths $urls
 * @var Permissions $permissions
 * @var ProcessWire $wire
 * @var Roles $roles
 * @var Sanitizer $sanitizer
 * @var Session $session
 * @var Templates $templates
 * @var User $user
 * @var Users $users
 * @var WireCache $cache
 * @var WireDatabasePDO $database
 * @var WireDateTime $datetime
 * @var WireFileTools $files
 * @var WireInput $input
 * @var WireLog $log
 * @var WireMail $mail
 * @var \ProCache $procache
 * @var FormBuilder $forms
 **/
//</editor-fold>

3. The SnippetRunner panel has been removed because it's no longer necessary with the new behavior of the Console panel.

4. The Console panel has a new inbuilt DB backup feature. If checked, it will backup your complete DB. The backups are stored under /site/assets/backups/database/ which is where Ryan's Database Backups module (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-database-backups/) stores its backups. It is recommended to install this module to make managing and restoring backups much easier. Backups can be automatically named: tracy-console-2020-04-14-18-23-38.sql or you can specify a custom name in the Console panel if you'd like to set something more meaningful before a major change. Automatically named backups are automatically pruned when there are a set number of backups (default is 25, but is configurable in module settings).

5. The user switcher panel now has the option to use a PW API selector string as a way to determine which users will be listed.

6. There is a new Quicklinks section at the top of the module settings to more quickly get to what you're looking for (code thanks to Robin).

7. Lots of other tweaks, fixes and improvements.

8. New core versions of Tracy and ACE editor.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any problems.

PS - please do a hard reload in your browser to ensure you get the new css and js files.

• Like 4

Hello There @adrian

I am having a strange problem with the wonderfull tracy that started a long time ago but i havent notice until now because i have not used it in a while.

But i am getting errors about:
- The Console Panel
- The ProcesswireInfoPanel
- The ApiExplorerPanel

I will attach screenshots of the errors with some sensitive parts blured out for security.

I hope we can resolve this because i love to use the Console.

I am running:
- Processwire 3.0.153
- Tracy Debugger 4.21.1
- PHP 7.3.16

tracy_Debugger_console_error.thumb.png.5fc535d15ae1feb26b85c28b40119a80.pngtracy_Debugger_ProcesswireInfoPanel_error.thumb.png.68fcc9f997633760545e452dc1e47436.pngtracy_Debugger_ApiExplorerPanel.thumb.png.9337c6b027918efc50e3726976f6d1f9.pngtracy_Debugger_toolbar.thumb.png.22430b96c90b196200dd142ae2582a9d.pngtracy_Debugger_toolbar.thumb.png.22430b96c90b196200dd142ae2582a9d.png

Hi @EyeDentify - what host are you using? Any chance it's nextcloud or one.com ? https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/16752

I can see why you might be getting the error in the PW Info panel, but am confused about the other two. Can you please try disabling the PW Info panel and see if that fixes the other two as well. If it does, then I think we might be able to do a try / catch for the PW Info panel that will fix it.

Finally, do you know why there are two copies of the main Tracy bar - that looks strange to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Hi @EyeDentify - what host are you using? Any chance it's nextcloud or one.com ? https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/16752

I can see why you might be getting the error in the PW Info panel, but am confused about the other two. Can you please try disabling the PW Info panel and see if that fixes the other two as well. If it does, then I think we might be able to do a try / catch for the PW Info panel that will fix it.

Finally, do you know why there are two copies of the main Tracy bar - that looks strange to me.

Hi @adrian

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have one.com as host.

I am baffled by the double bar as well, but it says AJAX on the other one.

I tried to disable Info panel but that did not do any difference to the Console error.

Where do i check for the disable_functions list?

If the other bar says AJAX, then that is expected, but your screenshot didn't show that at all, hence my question.

Looking at the error messages for the Console and API Explorer panels more closely, it shows it's actually coming from PW's core FileCompiler.php file on line 384. The PW core uses set_time_limit in many places: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/search?q="set_time_limit"&unscoped_q="set_time_limit" so I think your only decent option is a different host because from what I can tell, one.com doesn't let you enable set_time_limit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adrian said:

If the other bar says AJAX, then that is expected, but your screenshot didn't show that at all, hence my question.

Looking at the error messages for the Console and API Explorer panels more closely, it shows it's actually coming from PW's core FileCompiler.php file on line 384. The PW core uses set_time_limit in many places: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/search?q="set_time_limit"&unscoped_q="set_time_limit" so I think your only decent option is a different host because from what I can tell, one.com doesn't let you enable set_time_limit.

Oki.

Thats unfortunate, because i just changed to one.com ?

But everything else seem to work with PW other then the Tracy Debugger.

I get this string:
"disk_total_space, diskfreespace, exec, system, popen, proc_open, proc_nice, shell_exec, passthru, dl"

When i run:

<?PHP print_r(ini_get('disable_functions')); ?>

31 minutes ago, EyeDentify said:

But everything else seem to work with PW other then the Tracy Debugger.

Can you try a few different things for me:

1) Empty the PW trash

2) Do a field export (from the main fields list page)

3) Install the core ProcessPageClone module and click the new "COPY" page list action button

If those all succeed without error, I'll revisit, but otherwise I'll need to update Tracy to be PW 3.x only so that it avoids the FileCompiler completely. That would solve the Console and APIExplorer panel error. The PW Info panel error is due to the Versions List feature trying to check if the system allows runtime modification of max_execution_time so I could conditionally remove or deal with that, but I'd like to make sure those other core PW things work on that host first.

It's also weird how one.com seems to disable set_time_limit / max_execution_time some other way - ie not in disable_functions - make it much harder to detect. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adrian said:

Can you try a few different things for me:

1) Empty the PW trash

2) Do a field export (from the main fields list page)

3) Install the core ProcessPageClone module and click the new "COPY" page list action button

If those all succeed without error, I'll revisit, but otherwise I'll need to update Tracy to be PW 3.x only so that it avoids the FileCompiler completely. That would solve the Console and APIExplorer panel error. The PW Info panel error is due to the Versions List feature trying to check if the system allows runtime modification of max_execution_time so I could conditionally remove or deal with that, but I'd like to make sure those other core PW things work on that host first.

It's also weird how one.com seems to disable set_time_limit / max_execution_time some other way - ie not in disable_functions - make it much harder to detect. 

I did the following:
1. Empty trash
2. Did a sucessfull field export

Did not install the ProcessPageClone because it had no install button, it seems to be manual only.
i am not sure how to install it manually.

And PW says i have an newer version of the ProcessPageClone in the system "1.0.4?"

install_ProcessPageClone.thumb.png.977fc6227b45228b24ab76363f7cf688.png

It looks like you already have ProcessPageClone installed - do you have the "copy" button in the Page list action buttons?

Not sure where to go from here - I feel like one.com should be failing on those PW core calls to set_time_limit() as well. Any chance you can give me access to the server - either this one, or another test one at one.com?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adrian said:

It looks like you already have ProcessPageClone installed - do you have the "copy" button in the Page list action buttons?

Not sure where to go from here - I feel like one.com should be failing on those PW core calls to set_time_limit() as well. Any chance you can give me access to the server - either this one, or another test one at one.com?

Hello Again.

I Get a "Copy" option on any pages under the Root in pagelist.

I am going to uninstall Tracy Debugger and install it again and see what happens.
Cause some things have been acting strange like the image upload issue i postet about a short while ago then went away.

I will think about the server access thing.

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic