Tracy Debugger

adrian

2 minutes ago, alexmercenary said:

I'm adding the developer role to the superuser. That should still work though right? As superuser adopts all permissions anyway irrespective of if it has the developer role added.

It should work, although it's not quite that simple - that's why that line of code you pointed to uses a custom method for seeing if the superuser has the required permission. I just tested here - adding my editor role (which has the tracy-all-dev permission) to my superuser user and it works as expected still.

Any chance you could debug a little to see where it's failing? Either that, or is it possible to give me access to the admin of the site so I can take a look?

Just now, alexmercenary said:

Thank you so much @adrian!!!

What was it in the end out of interest? Some issue with superuser and permissions or was I being daft?

All my fault - it actually was an issue with those checks on the line you pointed out. The difference on my test site was that even though I didn't have the tracy-home-dev permission checked, it was created so the conditional was returning true. On your site that permission didn't exist so it wasn't proceeding. The first check now also checks for the "all" version of that permission before checking if the current user has it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@adrian Happy New Year!

I'm just attempting to get this set up again on a new installation and it doesn't appear to be working again. Same on the previous link I DM'd you. Running on the latest version of ProcessWire and Tracy Debugger. Are you noticing any issues?

@alexmercenary - is it an issue with tracy-all-dev permission again? I did actually make some other changes to that functionality 11 days ago - perhaps I broke something again - sorry if that's the case. Can you please confirm that is the problem you are referring to at the moment?

11 minutes ago, alexmercenary said:

@adrian Yeah, that's the one. 

Sorry, I can't seem to duplicate that issue at the moment. I am testing with tracy-all-dev permission with no existing tracy-home-dev permission and looking at the home page and it's showing the home-dev.php template. Maybe you can give me access to the new site to take another look?

• Like 1

Thanks for the update @alexmercenary - be sure to also load up the Template Path panel when using the dev template option - it is a handy way to view what's being replaced on various pages/templates and I fixed a couple of issues with the "tracy-all-*" approach the other day so definitely worth looking at now.

I just upgraded TD, and now I see this Tracy error on every page (FE + BE):

Spoiler

ErrorException: Undefined variable: owner in D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\panels\RequestInfoPanel.php:596
Stack trace:
#0 D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\panels\RequestInfoPanel.php(596): Tracy\Bar->Tracy\{closure}(8, 'Undefined varia...', 'D:\\laragon\\www\\...', 596, Array)
#1 D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\tracy-2.7.x\src\Tracy\Bar\Bar.php(149): RequestInfoPanel->getPanel()
#2 D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\tracy-2.7.x\src\Tracy\Bar\Bar.php(121): Tracy\Bar->renderPanels('')
#3 D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\tracy-2.7.x\src\Tracy\Bar\Bar.php(97): Tracy\Bar->renderHtml('main')
#4 D:\laragon\www\pw\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\TracyDebugger\TracyDebugger.module.php(1733): Tracy\Bar->render()
#5 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\Wire.php(383): TracyDebugger->sessionHandlerDBAjaxFix(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#6 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\WireHooks.php(927): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('sessionHandlerD...', Array)
#7 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessWire), 'finished', Array)
#8 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(790): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('finished', Array)
#9 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(591): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__call('finished', Array)
#10 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(271): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->setStatus(128, Array)
#11 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___finished()
#12 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___finished', Array)
#13 D:\laragon\www\pw\wire\core\Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageView), 'finished', Array)
#14 D:\laragon\www\pw\index.php(56): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('finished', Array)
#15 {main}

I've deleted the assets/cache/ folder several times, refreshed modules etc., but the error persists.

I don't know if it matters, but I've upgraded Tracy with Module Toolkit (only discovered and used for 1-2 days, and so far working flawlessly).

Other infos:

ProcessWire: 3.0.147
PHP: 7.2.19
Webserver: Apache/2.4.35 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1b
MySQL: 5.7.24

• Like 1

@adrian Thanks! I guess I found it myself...

My IDE was complaining that $owner was not defined in site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/RequestInfoPanel.php line 596, so I added $owner = null; in line 551
i.e. before if(function_exists('posix_getpwuid')) {

Before that, I also removed phpstorm://open?file=%file&line=%line from the protocol handler in TD config (I never got it to work anyhow; probably a stupid Windows issue...)

Not sure if the var init fix is a clever or stupid thing, but at least the errors are now gone.

13 minutes ago, dragan said:

Before that, I also removed phpstorm://open?file=%file&line=%line from the protocol handler in TD config (I never got it to work anyhow; probably a stupid Windows issue...)

There are several Windows users who have it working, including @bernhard - there are posts above that detail a few different ways of getting it to work and also some more info on the docs site - I'm honestly not sure what is best.

15 minutes ago, dragan said:

Not sure if the var init fix is a clever or stupid thing, but at least the errors are now gone.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Anyway the current version fixes it as well, just in a different way.

• Like 1

Just added a new Viewports panel based on a suggestion by @bernhard in response to this post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/22617-sizzy-browser-developer-tool/

It's pretty basic, but gives you a quick and easy way to view and interact with your site at multiple screen viewport sizes all on the one page (panel) just by scrolling down.

Currently there are 6 fixed sizes, but I can expand on these or make them configurable if you'd li

Take a look and let me know what you think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @adrian,

I'm running 4.20 on localhost and production sites. I get the following error:

ProcessWire\WireException: Unable to encode array data for cache: TracyLogData.ProcessWire in /www/.../wire/core/WireCache.php:450
Stack trace:
#0 /www/.../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/panels/ProcesswireLogsPanel.php(44): ProcessWire\WireCache->save('TracyLogData.Pr...', false, '2010-04-08 03:1...')
#1 /www/.../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/tracy-2.5.x/src/Tracy/Bar.php(160): ProcesswireLogsPanel->getTab()
#2 /www/.../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/tracy-2.5.x/src/Tracy/Bar.php(110): Tracy\Bar->renderPanels()
#3 /www/.../site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php(1734): Tracy\Bar->render()
#4 /www/.../wire/core/Wire.php(383): TracyDebugger->sessionHandlerDBAjaxFix(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#5 /www/.../wire/core/WireHooks.php(927): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('sessionHandlerD...', Array)
#6 /www/.../wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessWire), 'finished', Array)
#7 /www/.../wire/core/ProcessWire.php(790): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('finished', Array)
#8 /www/.../wire/core/ProcessWire.php(591): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__call('finished', Array)
#9 /www/.../wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(271): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->setStatus(128, Array)
#10 /www/.../wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___finished()
#11 /www/.../wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___finished', Array)
#12 /www/.../wire/core/Wire.php(450): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageView), 'finished', Array)
#13 /www/.../index.php(56): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('finished', Array)
#14 {main}

I've not had any issues before so I'm thinking I may have something misconfigured. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi @rick - I'm not sure why that would happen but it would be helpful if you could dump the content of $data before line 449 in WireCache.php so we can see what is being passed to json_encode so we can see why it might be failing. You could/should probably also check the value of $logLinesData before line 44 in ProcesswireLogsPanel.php

Please let me know what you find out.

Line 449:

array()
errors => array(2)
time => 1578413573
lines => array(7)
1/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
2/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
3/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
4/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
5/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
6/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
7/7/0/7/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
exceptions => array(2)
time => 1578517180
lines => array(10)
1/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
2/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
3/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
4/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
5/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]
6/28/0/10/10 => array (4) [ ... ]

The same format (slightly different values) are displayed prior to line 44.

I'm using VSCode as my IDE. It indicates two errors in ProcesswireLogsPanel.php: 

//line 44:
$this->wire('cache')->save('TracyLogData.ProcessWire', $logLinesData, WireCache::expireNever); // Undefined Type WireCache

//line 86:
$logInstance = new FileLog($this->wire('config')->paths->logs . $item['log'].'.txt'); // Undefined Type FileLog

Thanks @rick - don't worry about those VSCode reported errors - it just doesn't know about those classes, but they work as expected.

I think it's likely that you have some non-escaped character or a character encoding issue in your log files that is causing the problem. 

Could try a mb_convert_encoding() on $logLinesData before it is sent to WireCache on line 44. 

If that doesn't work, maybe instead try utf8_encode() or  htmlentities() or something else along those lines.

There is this old topic: 

but I don't think it will help us much here.

3 hours ago, rick said:

Thanks @adrian. I dev null'd all the log files and now the issue is gone. lol

Glad that worked but I expect it will likely come back for you so it would be good to figure out what the fix will be. Please keep an eye out for it again.

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic