Tracy Debugger

adrian

Just now, bluellyr said:

Hi, I am using the Tracy Debugger 4.17.18.

Regarding the @Robin S remark about the having the "Tracy debug bar disabled for modals", I had the Tracy Debug disable for modals, can this be the cause of the error?

Yeah, it was a combination of the older version and the disabled modals. in newer versions of Tracy, that error wouldn't appear, although the debug bar still wouldn't have appeared with the dump because it was disabled, but the error threw me and made me think the cause of the problem was different. Anyway, glad it's working for you now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matjazp said:

What do you think about putting temp files at the top?

Are you talking about the new feature in the Page Files panel?

The catch with putting them at the top is that if you have multiple image fields on the page (including within repeaters etc), then you have to scroll down anyway so not sure it helps. Or maybe I am not understanding exactly what you mean?

Just now, adrian said:

Are you talking about the new feature in the Page Files panel?

Yep.

1 minute ago, adrian said:

The catch with putting them at the top is that if you have multiple image fields on the page (including within repeaters etc), then you have to scroll down anyway so not sure it helps.

Ok, I got it.

Hi @adrian

would it be hard to add some kind of "bookmark" feature to the File Editor panel? I sometimes have no other option to edit files but the FE and it's a real pain jumping back and forth eg. from CSS and template files.

A simple localStorage implementation would be fine for me. As for the UI, perhaps a select would be the best.

pTzP09b.png

Hey @adrian,

would it be possible to make those logs linked to the file + line just like it is in the debug bar? It would be great to not only see the log of the call stack but also just click on the line and jump there in your IDE.

Or is this a feature request for the tracy core and should be addressed to nette?

thx

• Like 1

Hey @tpr - let me think about this and I'll follow up on your PM with your other idea.

@bernhard - probably best to request that as a core feature. On the issue of linking to your code editor, I've just noticed that VSCode links are no longer working for me - not sure if it's a VSCode update that broke something or what. Are they still working for you?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, adrian said:

@bernhard - probably best to request that as a core feature. On the issue of linking to your code editor, I've just noticed that VSCode links are no longer working for me - not sure if it's a VSCode update that broke something or what. Are they still working for you?

Thx, I'll do so ? Links are still working for me and I'm using them a lot ? 

• Like 1

Folks, I've searched, I promise :-). On the local multilingual site where I'm developing Padloper 2, with Tracy enabled both saving pages and viewing in the frontend takes about 7 seconds to load! With Tracy disabled the loading is fast. Any pointers? Thanks.

Hey @kongondo - I would start by disabling all custom panels via the panel selector.

Typically it's the RequestInfo panel that can be the slowdown, so if you identify it as such, then check out its individual section settings and disable everything and re-enable to see which one is the problem.

If it's the log panels, then I would suggest clicking "Delete All Logs" for both the Tracy and PW logs. I have seen these slowdown things before when there are lots of large log files.

Let us know what you find.

BTW, are you using PHP 7.1+ , or older?

Just now, kongondo said:

@jmartsch,

It works, thanks! I've disabled everything except for Debug Mode (I'm not sure I need this?), Console, Panel Selector and Tracy Toggler

But which one is the culprit? I'd really like to figure out which one is causing the problem in case I can fix it ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adrian said:

I would start by disabling all custom panels via the panel selector.

Seems we posted same time. I didn't have any custom panels enabled. Disabling panels and leaving a few (see my post above) seems to have resolved the issue.

2 minutes ago, adrian said:

Typically it's the RequestInfo panel that can be the slowdown, so if you identify it as such, then check out its individual section settings and disable everything and re-enable to see which one is the problem.

This wasn't enabled. I use it sometimes. I have now enabled it and page loads (front and back) are still fast.

5 minutes ago, adrian said:

If it's the log panels, then I would suggest clicking "Delete All Logs" for both the Tracy and PW logs. I have seen these slowdown things before when there are lots of large log files.

I did this before I posted my issue and it did not resolve the issue.

5 minutes ago, adrian said:

BTW, are you using PHP 7.1+ , or older?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adrian said:

But which one is the culprit? I'd really like to figure out which one is causing the problem in case I can fix it

I highly suspect the logs (Tracy and ProcessWire). Sorry, I just disabled both. Let me try enable one by one and see what happens. See my post above as well. Ta.

39 minutes ago, adrian said:

But which one is the culprit? I'd really like to figure out which one is causing the problem in case I can fix it ?

Definitely Tracy Logs and to some extent ProcessWire Logs. I enabled all panels , disabling them one by one to reach this conclusion. Deleting ProcessWire Logs did not help. Deleting Tracy Logs resolved the issue. For now, I've just disabled both logs since I don't need them. Thanks again!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Definitely Tracy Logs and to some extent ProcessWire Logs. I enabled all panels , disabling them one by one to reach this conclusion. Deleting ProcessWire Logs did not help. Deleting Tracy Logs resolved the issue. For now, I've just disabled both logs since I don't need them. Thanks again!

Thanks for narrowing it down. I can't understand why the Tracy logs would be so slow, but I'll take a look and see if I can figure something out.

As for "not needing" them - I would suggest reconsidering - sometimes they will capture errors that Tracy will miss for reasons related to the timing of when Tracy is loaded (I think), so seeing a red icon for one/both of these can highlight the reason for an error you might otherwise be confused about.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adrian said:

As for "not needing" them - I would suggest reconsidering - sometimes they will capture errors that Tracy will miss for reasons related to the timing of when Tracy is loaded (I think), so seeing a red icon for one/both of these can highlight the reason for an error you might otherwise be confused about.

Aaah. I see. I didn't know that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kongondo said:

Aaah. I see. I didn't know that.

They are also useful if you are debugging the PW core and bd() calls won't work. This way you can make a $log->save() call and it will appear in the PW logs panel in the Tracy bar - easier than hunting it down in the PW admin.

2 hours ago, kongondo said:

Deleting Tracy Logs resolved the issue.

Can you please clarify that it was deleting all Tracy logs, and not just disabling the Tracy logs panel that fixed the loading speed?

In other words, is the loading speed ok with the Tracy logs panel open now that the logs have been deleted?

8 hours ago, bernhard said:

Thx, I'll do so ? Links are still working for me and I'm using them a lot ? 

Just did some debugging and figured out it's a bug in VSCode in a recent update.

Stay on v1.31.1 and you'll be fine.

Github Issue: https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/70177

And if you've already updated and things are broken, you can get 1.31 here: https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_31

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, adrian said:

not just disabling the Tracy logs panel that fixed the loading speed?

This also fixed it. Let me clarify

1. Tracy Logs Panel disabled (logs not deleted): Loading speed fast
  2. Tracy Logs Panel enabled + Logs speed deleted: Loading speed fast
  3. Else: Loading speed slow
  • Like 2

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic