Tracy Debugger

adrian

29 minutes ago, tpr said:

There are lot more elements in Reno, including the sidebar and many header elements. Setting #wrap { z-index: 0 } also solves the panel issue but still the panels are above menus.

Is there any reason the nav items in Reno have such a high z-index:

@media only screen and (min-width: 960px)
html.AdminThemeReno.headSticky:not(.modal) #masthead {
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 100060;
}

If I put that (and some others) below 100 the Tracy panels seem fine - am I missing something?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tpr said:

but still the panels are above menus.

Is that such a big issue? If it was possible to turn off the "auto-expand" feature of Tracy (so that it only moves and resizes when adjusted by the mouse) then I could avoid one overlapping the other, right? I prefer Tracy having the highest z-index.

2 minutes ago, szabesz said:

I prefer Tracy having the highest z-index.

You can always set the panel z-index value in the Tracy settings to something higher than 100060, but I would like to know still if those header elements need to be that high in the Reno sticky header.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adrian said:

You can always set the panel z-index value in the Tracy settings to something higher than 100060,

Oh yes, thanks, I forgot that... BTW, is there any reason it is called zIndex in the settings? I used the browser's find tool with z-index to no avail :) The settings page is so loooong that normally I navigate by searching.

27 minutes ago, szabesz said:

is there any reason it is called zIndex in the settings?

Just because initially I had to set this with JS which uses zIndex, rather than z-index. I have just changed it locally and it will appear in the next commit.

• Like 1

Hi, i run into problems trying to dump stuff inside a hook attached by a module. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

public function init()
	{
		// act on invite request
		wire('forms')->addHookBefore('FormBuilderProcessor::processInput', $this, 'processRequestIcfAccess');
	}

public function processRequestIcfAccess(HookEvent $event)
	{
		// grab the data
		$church = $form->get('church_relation')->value;
		\TD::dump($church);
	}

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'TD' not found in /home/ubuntu/workspace/www/site/modules/IcfModules/IcfProcessInviteRequest.module:115 Stack

Hi @noelboss - as @bernhard noted Tracy isn't loaded yet. I try to load everything as early as possible but I don't have any control over the order in which modules are loaded, so when you make a dump call in init() it's a matter of luck really. Usually I find it works, but occasionally not.

Also, if you are debugging in a method like that, you will most likely want bd() / barDump(), rather than d() / dump() so that the output is to the debug bar, rather than inline.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is tracy related or not.

How do you disable the notification requests?

url ?Notifications=update&time=1524147545

The header shows x-tracy-ajax.

This fills and scrolls the console/network pane making it difficult to refer back.

Hi @rick

Those come from the Notifications module (PW core but not installed by default). Personally I really dislike that module and never use it. I don't see a reason to poll the server every 20 seconds for notifications.

Tracy should not be loaded with those calls though - I exclude them here: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/204db7e404312dc24e8ca39db445e7cfcc9ddd1a/TracyDebugger.module#L309 but I am wondering if maybe the 

if(isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {

or one of the other conditions just above is not working as expected on your system. This doesn't prevent those annoying entries in the browser dev console, but it should prevent Tracy from being loaded on each request. The x-tracy-ajax header you are seeing makes me wonder if those checks aren't working for you. Could you please take a look and let me know what is happening in the block of code?

Absolutely! I'll take a look in in a bit when I get back.

I'll also get rid of that notifications module. The only reason I enabled it was I didn't like all the default messages scrolling the content off the screen. I figured notifications would be less intrusive/aggravating/cumbersome?

7 minutes ago, rick said:

The only reason I enabled it was I didn't like all the default messages scrolling the content off the screen.

The UiKit theme collapses notifications by default which is much nicer.

8 minutes ago, adrian said:

The UiKit theme collapses notifications by default which is much nicer.

I hadn't noticed. I don't use that theme because of the poor ui, but that is a different story. :)

I disabled the system notification and this issue no longer exists. So this wasn't related to tracy at all, but thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Just now, rick said:

So this wasn't related to tracy at all

The entries in the Network tab aren't due to Tracy, but I was curious about the Tracy header which I don't believe should be there. Oh well, something for another time I guess.

4 hours ago, adrian said:

I don't see a reason to poll the server every 20 seconds for notifications.

Concurrent page editing? At least it notifies the user, and often even me :P 

4 hours ago, rick said:

I didn't like all the default messages scrolling the content off the screen.

AOS has a sticky header option which fixes it. Thanks a lot @tpr !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, szabesz said:

Concurrent page editing? At least it notifies the user, and often even me

Didn't think about that. I use Soma's PageEditSoftLock for that. It also polls regularly, only in ProcessPageEdit, not all the time. Also, in general I just find the Notifications UI/UX really annoying and it's also frustratingly difficult to uninstall, but if others like it, then that's why we have options :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bernhard said:

@adrian could you please add an option for the todo-panel to also scan /site/assets ? I always put my files for field configs there (runtime markup, rockgrid etc) so it would be great to have that files scanned as well. Thank you :)

No time to test well, but let me know how it goes. Note that you really want to pay attention to the note suggestion adding files, cache, logs, sessions etc to the ignored dirs. Even then it's still a little slow. 

What do you think of the attached version?

TracyDebugger.zip

20 hours ago, adrian said:

No time to test well, but let me know how it goes. Note that you really want to pay attention to the note suggestion adding files, cache, logs, sessions etc to the ignored dirs. Even then it's still a little slow. 

Same here, no time to test it right now, but what do you think of adding a field just like the exclude field but for manual INCLUDEs? Should be quite easy to implement, just pass the content of the field to a $files->find($dir) and scan that files.

You are absolutely right that scanning the caches and compiled files is nonsense. But I think it's not a good solution to have a checkbox for the assets folder and then you have to exclude all unnecessary files... in my case I could just add /site/assets/RockGrid to my field and would have the todos show up in the tracy bar :) 

Hi @adrian, I'm experiencing an issue with Tracy in AdminThemeUikit (I don't remember it happening in AdminThemeDefault) where the debug bar forgets its position between page loads. I normally keep the debug bar at bottom right, but it forgets this and jumps up to the top left (sometimes other random locations too). It seems to be related to opening a modal window, with Tracy enabled for modals. See in the screencast below how after opening and closing the modal then reloading the page Tracy is now at the top left of the screen.

tracy.gif.cb395f437f7a83adc5220241b3981232.gif

Hopefully not too tricky to fix. If in fact it is tricky, I wouldn't mind an option that keeps the debug bar locked in the bottom right because personally I never move it from there.

Edit: it does happen in AdminThemeDefault also. Funny, because I always have Tracy enabled for modals and I don't remember this occurring before. Maybe a side-effect of a recent update to the module?

Edited by Robin S
Added note about AdminThemeDefault
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Robin S said:

I'm experiencing an issue with Tracy in AdminThemeUikit (I don't remember it happening in AdminThemeDefault) where the debug bar forgets its position between page loads.

I think that Adrian fixed that in the latest version of Tracy, if I remember correctly...

5 hours ago, matjazp said:

I think that Adrian fixed that in the latest version of Tracy, if I remember correctly...

This is unfortunately a slightly different situation. Both however due to the change in the positioning of the bar's co-ordinates from bottom-right to top-left. I'll look for a fix shortly.

• Like 1

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic